Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sky Pods
Just installed two of them at home along with one for a customer earlier in the week.

The setup was quite painless, and of course the 1st thing it did was do a 737MB update. Rolleyes  it auto detected the Ethernet connection. AND me being not wanting a conventional install Wink Used an adapter / Joiner to join to the existing HDMI Cable ( previously connected the Vodafone Device) so the Pod didn't plug into the actual HDMI port on the TV (worked a treat)

These are the Sky Replacement for Vodafone TV.

Just a few things you need if anyone is getting them.

Setting up -- A Gmail account seems to be the easiest way as it will connected to your Phone and gives you access to Google Play Store.
  • A Gmail account email address and password.
     • Your Phone with the same account so it can send you the Authorization code OR you need to log into Sky via your computer and activate the once only displayed code from there.
  • TV 3 is there but you have to look for TV 1 & 2. One annoying thing so far, cant add some programs to Favourites, you can add certain parts but not all.
     • IF you want TV 1 and 2 you need your TV on demand / TVNZ+ Account Details (email and password) If you don’t have one it can created one at the time, its free. ( Created for the Customer on his computer, lot easier- then entered the Details on the TV)  TV1 & 2 uses a similar interface as to the web based layout.
     • A BIG bottle of Bourbon to calm your nerves --  the whole interface is different to the current Sky program menu Layout, very heavy on Sky Content, and the so many different options with what sometimes appears to be going around in circles ??

The Voice remote to control it needs work still. When telling Google Assist to play a TV certain program on say TV1 or 2 its defaults to Youtube, NOT what its told to do. but at least it did ask as to which TV to play on. This feature DOES need a Google account.  

What will be interesting is if Google Home devices try to do things on their own. Sometimes ours spouts out -- Sorry dont understand That please repeat. ??? Its listening to the TV and thinks its us telling it to do something LOL  Dodgy

Interesting and no doubt frustrating times ahead.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
Hmm. Non-Technician adopters may be recognised by their bloody heads and hands, plus the fresh scalp lying on the floor in front of the TV.

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(25-03-2023, 01:15 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Hmm. Non-Technician adopters may be recognised by their bloody heads and hands, plus the fresh scalp lying on the floor in front of the TV.

Wink

Narrrr not this time, its idiot proof ( maybe) to connect.

Used THESE from Digitus

Easy as really

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm sure revisions are underway to rectify that oversight
Wink

(25-03-2023, 01:31 PM)Wainuitech Wrote:
(25-03-2023, 01:15 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Hmm. Non-Technician adopters may be recognised by their bloody heads and hands, plus the fresh scalp lying on the floor in front of the TV.

Wink

Narrrr not this time, its idiot proof ( maybe) to connect.

Used THESE from Digitus

Easy as really
If Digitus's parent organisation offers personal service, I would be very nervous indeed about accepting!
Tumbleweed
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
As I said to W*nM*cG*y once upon a time, anything with *pod in its name is nothing but trouble! Smile Smile Smile
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(25-03-2023, 01:48 PM)R2x1 Wrote: I'm sure revisions are underway to rectify that oversight
Wink

(25-03-2023, 01:31 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Narrrr not this time, its idiot proof ( maybe) to connect.

Used THESE from Digitus

Easy as really
If Digitus's parent organisation offers personal service, I would be very nervous indeed about accepting!
Tumbleweed

I know, someone really should of done some homework before choosing that name
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(25-03-2023, 03:48 PM)Kenj Wrote: As I said to W*nM*cG*y once upon a time, anything with *pod in its name is nothing but trouble! Smile Smile Smile

Not just trouble; iTrouble with all the expensive options

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Well so far on day 2 of using, rock solid so far.

Now if we can just figure out the program menu that would be a plus.

BUT on saying that SWMBO seems to have sorted the Crime channels.

The real test will be tomorrow ( sorry for swearing here) Wink But can she watch Home and Away and Shortland street Smile

Time for me to depart to the workshop or put on headphones and play music on the computer LOL Big Grin
Good luck!
When cleaning the Skybox with Mystik Menus - Remember not to water the electric part or the computations may be meaningless.
(From the instructions with the Hitachi version of the IBM 026 card punch. Back in my early days in EDP before it became IT and a truly small computer was one that, with its peripherals, could be delivered by a single 5 ton truck. Apple was a pacifier for teachers and a handy Doctor repellent.)

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.