Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Chrome 64 Bit Query
My laptop is Win 11 64 Bit -fully updated. Today, using, FilePuma I selected update to Google Chrome 111 .0.5585.147  (64 bit)  I had problems with completing the update so followed Google Help , and using Revo Uninstaller V 2.4.4 (latest)  I uninstalled Chrome -including the leftovers . then reinstalled the 64 bit version. In File properties it shows as 64 Bit but in Revo Uninstaller it shows as Type 32 Bit 

Why does the Type 32 Bit show instead of 64 Bit?
Guidance please
thanks 
Neil
(30-03-2023, 09:07 PM)Neil F Wrote: My laptop is Win 11 64 Bit -fully updated. Today, using, FilePuma I selected update to Google Chrome 111 .0.5585.147  (64 bit)  I had problems with completing the update so followed Google Help , and using Revo Uninstaller V 2.4.4 (latest)  I uninstalled Chrome -including the leftovers . then reinstalled the 64 bit version. In File properties it shows as 64 Bit but in Revo Uninstaller it shows as Type 32 Bit 

Why does the Type 32 Bit show instead of 64 Bit?
Guidance please
thanks 
Neil

Try this -- Explains it (kind of) Its years old but still applies.

Explanation Here as well as  Here

Mines exactly the same, 64bit but installed in the x86 program folder.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
that is difficult to answer, it could be a myriad of reasons, eg there is a corruption in the install, revo uninstaller is misreporting it etc etc

Chrome is pretty basic installation and cleanup wise
I would uninstall it normally.
Download the installer from the source ie google.com
rename the user data folder in "AppData\Local\Google\Chrome" (*)
reinstall the new version from google.

* This makes it a clean install so no bookmarks etc will remain, the installer will create a new 'user data' folder
* you can rename this folder back to 'user data' to undo the change if reinstalling chrome makes no difference

If it fixes it well and good, if not I would not be to bothered by it TBH
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Thanks for explanations Wainuitech . That you have it too s a comfort. Thanks also for King1. as eveerything seems to work Ok o guess I can relax.