Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Lundy to remain in prison
This really is a catch 22 situation; unless he confesses they won't release him & he says he can't confess to something he didn't do. You have to wonder how many people are caught in this situation.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala...bfVTBWWNvU

"Lundy's family declined to comment to Newshub, but a group in support of him, the Factual Team, said they are "extremely disappointed" by the decision.
"For 23 years since tragically losing his family, Mark has vehemently maintained his innocence and suffered the injustice and indignity of false incarceration. Yet Mark has stoically served over 20 years detention with the strength and dignity he was known for in the years prior to his wrongful conviction/s," a spokesperson said.
"Justice Young admitted that denial of guilt is not a requirement for parole approval. 

Sir Ron says the parole board can’t compile any conditions to protect Lundy and the public, when he won’t admit to the crime, which would help them understand the triggers behind the murders.
"It’s difficult to answer because I cannot tell you the motive for something I didn't do." Lundy responded

The spokesperson said the Factual group were hopeful that police would "properly reopen the case and seriously look for the true offender that is still at large".

"Instead, the police have stuck to their guns, re-imagining a second possibility, and presenting even more flawed circumstantial guesses with no actual facts."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Good.
I dunno so much about this one though. Granted, he was guilty of some appallingly bad apparent tears at one point but its a really odd kind of method to travel all that way, commit murders, then travel all the way back again.
Then again, we'll probably never know.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Did I ever mention I went to school in Palmerston North?
(25-05-2023, 08:00 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Did I ever mention I went to school in Palmerston North?
That explains a few things then Wink
I don't get it, what does that mean, Oh_hunnihunni?
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
It means I heard stuff about the case at the time from locals so I am glad he is still safely locked up.

Interesting place Palmerston North, especially back then. Very flat. But I learned how to be a barista, got shoulder tapped into starting a Leo club (baby Lions much to my now leftie shame), got interviewed on local radio, and did an Economics paper at Massey while an unwilling student in the 7th form at PNGHS. So not a total waste of time at all. Made an fast escape back to Auckland as soon as I could though, but my sister - a real social bunny - loved it, but not the happiest place for me as a rather nerdy adolescent.
(26-05-2023, 10:32 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It means I heard stuff about the case at the time from locals so I am glad he is still safely locked up.

Interesting place Palmerston North, especially back then. Very flat. But I learned how to be a barista, got shoulder tapped into starting a Leo club (baby Lions much to my now leftie shame), got interviewed on local radio, and did an Economics paper at Massey while an unwilling student in the 7th form at PNGHS. So not a total waste of time at all. Made an fast escape back to Auckland as soon as I could though, but my sister - a real social bunny - loved it, but not the happiest place for me as a rather nerdy adolescent.

Well, there seems no danger of his being released any time soon at any rate.
(26-05-2023, 10:32 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: It means I heard stuff about the case at the time from locals so I am glad he is still safely locked up.

oh goody some gossip, what did you hear? 

I can't make my mind up about the bloke
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Pity he wasn't accused of witchcraft, some in the USA have apparently had the charges wiped out after a mere 370 years. Sadly, they also had to have been hanged and it amounted to or 11 or maybe 12 persons, - it's hard to tell with witches. (Unless the lawyers find a profitable loophole to bring a few more cases to the cash register.)
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(28-05-2023, 09:24 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Pity he wasn't accused of witchcraft, some in the USA have apparently had the charges wiped out after a mere 370 years. Sadly, they also had to have been hanged and it amounted to or 11 or maybe 12 persons, - it's hard to tell with witches.  (Unless the lawyers find a profitable loophole to bring a few more cases to the cash register.)

I have a  nasty suspicion that, if there was money involved then we'd swiftly see loads of women accused of witchcraft again - & never mind the proof. Rolleyes