Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WhatsApp from MS Store?
Are we now forced to use WhatsApp from MS Store? 

My current WhatsApp for Windows Version 2.2319.9 pops up a message says:

"This app expires in 30 days. Download the new, faster app to get group calling and more!. Get new app> "

Went to WhatsApp site and it seems that there's only available from MS Store.    Microsoft has acquired WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is actually owned by Meta ( Facebook) But there are so many programs these days you get from the MS Store.

Sometimes you can still find them from other locations, but usually unless you know where to look they can be older versions or simply hard to find.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
No choice but to install the app from MS Store.

Most of the features work OK but ...
I can't insert any text into a picture I dropped in a Chat window. There were many editing features in the old version but it's all gone, like, adding Text, blurring, etc.
It was so simple to add text in the past, just select the "T" from the top, and a box pops up and then I could type (and edit the font, colour) whatever text I wanted to in the box.
or, maybe, it's hidden somewhere ...

Can anyone help?
I too was incensed at being forced to go to MS Store. Prebiously I updated Whats App(for Win Desktop)  via Filepuma-no problems.Appreox  2 months ago despite Filepuma showing a higher version Nr when i looged on to WhatsApp I got "you are using an outdated method. Reluctantly I nwent to MS Store took latest version but it was a lower Version Nr than on Filepuma.

Not just Whats App but i get very annoyed at being forced to go to MS Store for updates whern the paerticular program is nothing to do with Microsoft