Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temu's minimum $20 purchase
Why is there a $20 minimum amount when checking out?    Does it mean that if my total purchase is $10 , they will still charge me $20?

Just came across  yesterday when I was checking out.  

Your views, please.
Remember, their business is totally set up to enhance the owners' income stream. Your interests are not their concern - unless you are interested in giving them money.  Their offensive advertising practices show some of the care and consideration for consumers or their rights given by Sony's PS3 "protection" schemes, or their CD rootkits.  I'm not saying they are scum and sharks, but I would personally ensure I had a very long spoon, a Grade 9 face mask, full body protection and heatproof gloves (plus the digital equivalent) before supping from Temu's pot.

Angry Rain
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
The $20 Minimum means you have to spend at Least $20 (all items combined if buying several at once) It used to be $15.

The shipping is free.

Done around a dozen orders so far ( 1st order was in April) No problems at all, each and every one has arrived before the last day, if what ever you order doesn't arrive by the time they say, which is usually 10 days from placing order, they will give you a $5 discount on next order. Hasn't happened yet all arrived on time. All items exactly as described and work as they should.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
I agree with Wainuitech - my wife has ordered a considerable amount of goods - all have arrived super quickly, well wrapped, excellent condition and we have been delighted with all goods. The quality has been of a high standard and prices are so much better than comparable items sold by other traders.

The fact that shipping is free is a bonus as well.

Smithie
Tanstafl.
Somebody pays. Always.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(14-07-2023, 08:10 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Tanstafl.
Somebody pays. Always.

Yeah Some who buy from some places in NZ. Theres Many shops that buy in items ( just about anything) A LOT cheaper from overseas, put on a huge markup and advertise as cheaper.

I've brought in items, exact same thing here at least 200% +markup. RJ45 Keystone Jacks, here ( jaycar) $5.10 each, from overseas $12 for 10.
I have only ever bought one thing direct from China and that was a nice little science toy via Ali Express. Cheap, unavailable here and arrived on time, safely packaged and I was delighted. I am sometimes tempted by Temu ads but so far my 'everything second hand where possible' rule has won out. However, being a fritterer I suspect it is only a matter of time.
So what's the difference between this and say Aliexpress?

I see:
On TrustPilot Reviews, Temu has over 4,000 reviews and an average of 3.4 stars. Of the negative reviews, most people complain about long shipping times, low-quality items, and poor customer service.
At least with Ali...you get refunds if there is any issue.

So why Temu?
So just had a look.

Of various things I have looked for lately I couldn't find a single thing.
Orthotic slippers.
Rose perfume, never mind specific ones, just any at all gave me exactly 3 results.
A bit of a rummage through womans clothing. Pitiful, the selection is dire.
Gardening things, it gave me some bizarre results. Not related at all.
Garden plants - ok it wouldn't be allowed in but still, how is netting a plant?
Toaster. Just because.
Well I got a bunch of toaster covers! Toaster covers, who even...never mind.
1 toaster. Not cheap especially.
Only 2 coffee capsule machines, considerably more expensive than the brand one my brother just got from Amazon Aussie.
(23-07-2023, 05:52 PM)piroska Wrote: So what's the difference between this and say Aliexpress?

I see:
On TrustPilot Reviews, Temu has over 4,000 reviews and an average of 3.4 stars. Of the negative reviews, most people complain about long shipping times, low-quality items, and poor customer service.
At least with Ali...you get refunds if there is any issue.

So why Temu?

Temu is not so "technical Items"  Example, you cant order a large range of Motherboards, ( some refurbished/second hand)  LCD Screens ( brand new)  etc, where as Temu is more "Nick Knacks" or clothing.

You can browse Temu without having to sign in.

On Saying that I've ordered keystone Jacks ( fraction of the price than NZ) Exact same thing. 

Refills for my Brother label Printer Temu - $3.08  in NZ Exact same thing $10.99 ( compatible versions) 

Brought a Lenovo K8 5.0 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker  Works fantastic, great sound for what it is. Took 6 days to get here from ordering.

Temu so far 100% of the time arrived within 10 days of order.  Temu have a deliver on time or get a $5 Credit. 

Best one was arrived in Country ( customs) on a Thursday, was meant to be delivered by Sunday, well we all know Couiers dont do weekend deliveries (mostly)  - thinking  yay will get credit as Monday would be past date -- DAMN, arrived Friday LOL ( ahead of time) Not to bad, arrived in Auckland, and delivered Wellington 1 day later.

Aliexpress -- Yeah can often take 3-4 Weeks.  If at all. Wife ordered something from Aliexpress -- 74 Days later no show, seller wanted us to pull the refund if after 75 days, NOPE  Aliexpress refunded, three months later it finally turn up - Damaged.

On saying that though have ordered LCD screens for laptops, EXACT same thing the Suppliers in NZ provide but at a fraction of the price, only have to wait a few weeks,

Basically its cheaper items -- Dont expect top quality, but on saying that some t-Shirts we ordered nothing different from buying from Warehouse.

One thing I  have found, Aliexpress have gotten their act together - delivering quicker since Competition ( Temu) came on the scene.
(14-07-2023, 03:13 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: The shipping is free.

It's not, it's subsidised by (our) higher domestic postage rates...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA6gDep6jVM
(11-08-2023, 05:41 PM)Agent_24 Wrote:
(14-07-2023, 03:13 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: The shipping is free.

It's not, it's subsidised by (our) higher domestic postage rates...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA6gDep6jVM

And this video is proudly paid for by Guardio, 7 day free trial, then payment required.  LOL

As for his comments about it all being junk. Its NOT  Gotten parts for computers and many other items, the exact same thing  from NZ suppliers can be 2 to 3 times or even more expensive,.

Been into stores in NZ and see the exact same items that are on Temu, for double the price. Basically they get items in from the same suppliers and put on huge markups. Some NZ shops, you order on line and theres 7-14 days delivery -- Geee wonder where they are coming from  Wink

As for ship[ping costs -- in NZ its a rip off anyway by some companies. Example of that, earlier this week, had to order a product, shipping from one place in NZ was $95, the EXACT SAME item from a different company $4.99  both coming from a Auckland Storage location -- So whose ripping off who ?