Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sky Box
Appreciate comments from  those of you that have purchased and installed the new Sky Box. Was it easy to install and in general  I would welcome any comments of your experience so far.

TIA 
Tia

Tia      <!-- /* Fon
They are basically very easy to install. Suggest you enter in a google (gmail) account as it then opens all the options. The setup goes step by step and easy to understand.

The downside --- if you can connect the device via a ethernet cable NOT wifi. The wifi can be touchy as hell, and often falls off where as Ethernet connections rock solid.

"IF" you have a Orbi Router / Access point -- Forget about Wireless - 99% of the time it wont connect, (other wireless is so-so) With orbi's you can put in the known wireless details and password - wont accept it, ANY other wireless device will connect to the Orbi fine with the same details. Connect the Orbi Via the ethernet - Works fine.

Unless they have upgraded the software you have to manually add in the TV1 & Two apps, TV Three is preinstalled, this is where you need a gmail account to get it from the google play store.

The menu is slightly different to use from the old one, but doesn't take long to get used to it.

The voice control --- Lets say they are still working on that Wink

We went from Vodafones TV to the Sky Pod - 100 % better in connecting and lots more options. But I have installed quite a few Pods and Boxes for customers.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
Thanks Wainui so much for your reply. From what you have stated it seems a bit more complicated than what i was expecting. My current box is connected
directly to my satellite dish. Can I not connect the new box the same way or must it be connected by wifi?
Never tried by satellite, but have a read from Sky - (3rd link down) Satellite and Internet.

https://help.sky.co.nz/s/article/Using-your-New-Sky-Box

The line where they state you need both doesn't appear correct, we only have internet connecting and can get everything sky offer. ( meaning programs, movies etc)

As I mentioned we have the Pod, there is no option other than internet to connect.

This may help ---  https://youtu.be/w6ZCudIyXDg  (setup box)
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
Thanks for your reply Wainui. The You tube video explains things very clearly and is just what I needed.