Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have you decided who to vote for?
I'm still undecided but to be honest I don't think you can trust any of them.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
I trust Labour the most and that's who I'll be voting for.
oddly enough I found myself agreeing with David Seymour in that religious charities should not be tax exempt.

These days they seem to add less value to society, not more... possibly I guess because we only really hear the negatives nowadays...

Won't be voting for him though
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Green,or perhaps split & go Labour/Green
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(30-08-2023, 12:33 PM)king1 Wrote: oddly enough I found myself agreeing with David Seymour in that religious charities should not be tax exempt. 

These days they seem to add less value to society, not more... possibly I guess because we only really hear the negatives nowadays...

That would explain why they were discussing this on the talk back yesterday.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
We're in the Taranaki-King Country electorate here where Barbara Kuriger is standing for National. It was reasonably close for Angela Roberts (Labour) in 2020 so hopefully our Labour vote will join others who disapprove of Kuriger's behaviour together with those who move to ACT enough to swing the balance away from National. Party vote Green to maximise their list MP count.
(30-08-2023, 12:33 PM)king1 Wrote: oddly enough I found myself agreeing with David Seymour in that religious charities should not be tax exempt. 

I think probably most of us would agree on that one, regardless of which party proposed it - but voting for that lot isn't anything I'm likely to do.
Black death might be preferable.... Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
From Marylands School to Gloriavale, even the secondary school that I attended (St. Patrick's College) there has been rampant cases of sexual abuse by so-called religious people.
My wife has just donated to this victim's cause:- "Darryl Smith, who was abused while in the care of the Catholic Church, is fundraising to go to a survivors event in Rome - and says the church is “two-faced” for not supporting him."
Greens for me, party vote, and Labour candidate if there is no better option...
Some people don't trust any of them.
I'm exactly the opposite, I distrust all of them.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
You got it R2! Smile
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Being old and grumpy is easier than I thought, Kenj. I don't understand why there's such a long apprenticeship.
Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(30-08-2023, 06:37 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Being old and grumpy is easier than I thought, Kenj.  I don't understand why there's such a long apprenticeship.
Tongue

Pickling ones liver with alcohol to bring out the grumps takes time my friend!  Tongue
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(30-08-2023, 04:05 PM)alpha111 Wrote: From Marylands School to Gloriavale, even the secondary school that I attended (St. Patrick's College) there has been rampant cases of sexual abuse by so-called religious people.
My wife has just donated to this victim's cause:- "Darryl Smith, who was abused while in the care of the Catholic Church, is fundraising to go to a survivors event in Rome - and says the church is “two-faced” for not supporting him."
I recently read Tom Keneally's Crimes of the Father, on the subject. Interesting book given he trained as a priest for a time.

I'd like to think that there might come a time very soon when the Catholic church decides to sell all of its assets & give survivors of abuse by their priests substantial sums of money to try to repair the damage done.
But I don't hold much hope its ever going to happen - they love power & money too much.

(30-08-2023, 06:25 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Some people don't trust any of them.
I'm exactly the opposite, I distrust all of them.

I'll grab any excuse to post Mark Twain's comments on politicians, he sums them up so very well...

"The desire to become a politician should be sufficient to warrant being banned from ever doing so for life."

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself."

"Politicians and diapers must be changed often,& for the same reason."

And one pecualiar to America - I hope.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."

Mark Twain

Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
(30-08-2023, 07:08 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(30-08-2023, 06:37 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Being old and grumpy is easier than I thought, Kenj.  I don't understand why there's such a long apprenticeship.
Tongue

Pickling ones liver with alcohol to bring out the grumps takes time my friend!  Tongue

Never put off to tomorrow that which you can drink today. So saying . . .

Idea    Beer Beer Bigsmile Dance
Entropy is not what
it used to be.