Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cute PDF Writer now ointruding
I have been using this programme for more than 10 years,
In recent weeks it has started to "self start" intruding over the top of the app I am in.
. There is a message which has a tab stating FAQs etc. and a box to tick saying "do not show this message again'. I tick that box, save and press top right X to close.
The intrusive behaviour continues. I select the Cute pdf app but it does not show any option to overcome this recent self start".
Any ideas? It really irritates me

thanks
Often what were good programs get "updated" or renamed and a whole lot of annoying tasks that someone thought to be a good Idea are added.

You should be able to disable it in Task Manager, open Task manager - Startup apps - locate Cute ( or what ever its called)  - disable.

OR uninstall it completely and use something better. Over the last year I have been using https://pdf-xchange.eu/pdf-xchange-editor/  Theres a free and paid version, you select which you want when installing.  Most PDF programs install a PDF Printer by default.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
A general follow up. I subscribe to (Free) Allen Wyatt's Excel Tips and Word Tips. If I decide to save a particular "hint" by selecting Print (to PDF) and choosing a folder in which to save it When I was using Cute etc. the title(header) of the hint was automatically saved as the filename. I uninstalled Cute as per the suggestion . The default Print option (for this) is now Microsoft Print (to pdf) . That does not automatically save the hint's title as the filename. I ten have to manually key in the filename. What puzzles me is that I selected Adobe as the Default App for pdf files so am unsure why Microsoft Print occurs.
Any ideas?