Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top UN court orders Israel to stop war on Gaza
The top UN court, the International court of justice, had ordered Israel to immediately halt war on Gaza. I doubt Israel will stop now, it seems there's no means of forcing their leader to stop the war & Netanyahu will continue as long as he's able to get away with it, regardless of how many people die. Dodgy

I'd be extremely interested in his explanation as to  how he can claim that this is any different to what the nazis did in the Warsaw ghetto, & how this makes the Israelis any better than they were. Angry

And in what might be done with him,once they have a different govt there, if they ever manage to elect one.

Quote:https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/crggvmyz03vo
The UN's top court, the International Court of Justice (ICJ), has issued a dramatic ruling, ordering Israel to "immediately halt its military offensive in Rafah".
It acted in support of a South African application last week which sought a number of measures against Israel, accusing it of stepping up what it says is a genocide.
Presiding judge Nawaf Salam said the situation in Gaza had deteriorated since the court last ordered Israel to take steps to improve it.
Israel has vehemently denied the allegation and signalled it would ignore any order to halt its operation.
Reading the court's ruling on Friday, Nawaf Salam said "Israel must immediately halt its military offensive, and any other action in the Rafah Governorate" which could bring about "the physical destruction" of the Palestinians - alluding to what constitutes genocide under international law.
Israel, he added, must also allow unimpeded access to Gaza to any UN body investigating allegations of genocide.
The ruling also reiterated a requirement for Israel to enable "unhindered provision at scale" of basic services and humanitarian aid for Gaza.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)