Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A strange thing happened today !
A strange thing happened today !
I have a Lenova G2 laptop running Phoenix Windows XLite 10. It is used for work only, and is very reliable. For some time it has displayed two grumpy faces in the Start Menu. Today I installed the latest version of Rufus, and pinned it to the Start Menu (so I thought). I pinned it to "Start" by mistake. When Rufus didn't show in the Start Menu, I realised my mistake, removed it from "Start" & pinned it to the Start Menu -no problem. 
To my surprise the grumpy faces vanished.  Confused
Could have been something wasn't right to start with ( corruption) and by moving the Rufus link may have "knocked" things back into place. Never seen the "grumpy faces" you mentioned, so who knows what other Extras are in the build.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
iirc there was a start menu app that did something similar i.e left a sad face on the start menu when it wasn't registered - Startisback I think it was. Do you happen to use that software or know if its included in that build of yours
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Never used Startisback, but there are a ton of free ones, i recommend the OP switches to open shell
(14-06-2024, 09:05 AM)king1 Wrote: iirc there was a start menu app that did something similar i.e left a sad face on the start menu when it wasn't registered - Startisback I think it was.  Do you happen to use that software or know if its included in that build of yours

It is Startisback. Quite a good idea, a humorous warning!