Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most dangerous party is the Maori party
I would have said the Green party only 6 months ago, but look how radicalized the Maori party is.

They want their own separate government and now they are openly inviting Darleen Tana to join their bunch.
She needs to be kicked out of parliament full stop, there is not place for this rot in govt.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Wrong. The most dangerous party is ACT, with NZ First and National not far behind. ACT, because they follow a magical thinking economic theory, NZ First, because they pander to nutters and frauds, and National because they are corrupt.
I do have other cameras!
(23-07-2024, 11:30 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: I would have said the Green party only 6 months ago, but look how radicalized the Maori party is.

They want their own separate government and now they are openly inviting Darleen Tana to join their bunch.
She needs to be kicked out of parliament full stop, there is not place for this rot in govt.

yep you did, here
https://tmmb.co.nz/forums/showthread.php...2#pid52992

Who will it be next month I wonder...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
So, wanting your own parliament is wrong now?

Pity the colonisers didn't know that before they imposed it on so many populations round the world...
Maybe turning the situation on its head provides a better basis for the actions that Maori wish to take against their colonisiers?

Imagine that ISIS overran NZ. They made it mandatory to speak Arabic and denied English as a permissible language. They install Islam as the predominant religion and the basis of our legal structure. ISIS overturns our parliament in favour of a Shar'ia based political structure.

What acts of defiance would be considered justified in such a scenario? Revolt for our own ideologies, language, identity and independence?
Isn't that what situation the Maori found themselves in a couple of centuries ago? How then can they be criticised for standing up for their cultural losses?
I tend to agree re Darleen Tana but the rest of it, not so much. There IS no reason as to why we can't undo the wrongs which have been done.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The suggestion is that a form of Maori governance be put in place for Maori to use. There is no suggestion that it replaces the current government for the entire population...

Read it for yourself -

https://www.maoriparty.org.nz/mana_motuhake
(24-07-2024, 12:10 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I tend to agree re Darleen Tana but the rest of it, not so much. There IS no reason as to why we can't undo the wrongs which have been done.

All I see is the maori party wanting to cause more division and create a stir.
Too Many grudges they hold and don't want to move on together as one people.
Many maori disagree with their extremist views and the percentage of Maori on the maori roll is evidence of this.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(17-08-2024, 01:57 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(24-07-2024, 12:10 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: I tend to agree re Darleen Tana but the rest of it, not so much. There IS no reason as to why we can't undo the wrongs which have been done.

All I see is the maori party wanting to cause more division and create a stir.
Too Many grudges they hold and don't want to move on together as one people.
Many maori disagree with their extremist views and the percentage of Maori on the maori roll is evidence of this.

Really? You're utterly unable to see the coalition govt removing protections which were in place for both working people & the environment, thus endangering our descendants?
Can't see them enriching the already wealthy at the expense of those already struggling to cope?
NONE of that is visible to you?
Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
You think the Maori party causes division and creates a stir?

You do know we have a party called ACT right? Seen what they are up to? And you know something really interesting? Te Pati Maori got 6 elected seats. ACT got 2.

Seems to me that shows up just who has the most support.
(18-08-2024, 10:20 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You think the Maori party causes division and creates a stir?

You do know we have a party called ACT right? Seen what they are up to? And you know something really interesting? Te Pati Maori got 6 elected seats. ACT got 2.

Seems to me that shows up just who has the most support.

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL2408/S...ZUtA0T3NOQ