Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New photos and data show Trump met with Heritage Foundation president Kevin Roberts
New photos and data show Trump met with Heritage Foundation president Kevin Roberts in 2022

Donald Trump shared a private flight with the head of the rightwing thinktank behind Project 2025.

https://preview.redd.it/mk1m1g0hxqhd1.jp...bf94e99f6f

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/arti...025-flight
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(10-08-2024, 09:12 PM)zqwerty Wrote: New photos and data show Trump met with Heritage Foundation president Kevin Roberts in 2022

Donald Trump shared a private flight with the head of the rightwing thinktank behind Project 2025.

https://preview.redd.it/mk1m1g0hxqhd1.jp...bf94e99f6f

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/arti...025-flight

That photo - a pair of crooks, out to rip off the world! Dodgy

Either they don't really comprehend what some aspects of project 2025 are likely to do, or they understand very well & do not care. And it looks very much as though its the latter.

How the hell any sane person could want to inflict some of the vile ideas contained in 2025 is beyond belief.  And there are some quite strong similarities to what the Nazis did with regard to their view of women.
Kinder, Kuche, Kirche (children, kitchen, church) fits in with their aim of outlawing abortion & contraception, deliberately restrciting the role of women.

And clearly they've already decided that if there's bloodshed, then that will be  blamed on the left. These are not good people, & may well be deeply disturbed if their aims are any indication. Dodgy
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
sadly, it seems that view of women is creeping back in, in every day life.

i recently quit my job because, in less than a year and following the arrival of a new CEO, the attitude towards strong women who stand up for themselves and their team, has resulted in warnings and forced resignations. my manager was one such victim. women who say yes to everything, even when they know its wrong, get promoted, a pat on the head, and god knows what else.
my new manager is a crony of the CEO. in a meeting of our department, he went around the group of 8, saying names and thanking for hard work over the last few months of upheaval. myself and the other woman were sitting in the middle of the group, we both got skipped over, and finally remembered after a good 30 seconds. he had also been reported by at least two others for abusing them verbally and leaving them in tears.

the two men here are a similar generation, but two completely different nationalities. the CEO is a white kiwi, my replacement manager is a fijian indian. both would be 60s.
The "old boy network" is a good example of men having a group attitude which automatically tends to encourage women to be subservient if they want to get anywhere in life in co-operation with powerful men, two "legitimate roles" accepted by these types of men, in their eyes, are 'virgin' or 'whore', unfortunately, 'equal' is probably not an option for women in these traditional old-fashioned organizations.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
There's still a lot of that old attitude around, sadly & it doesn't bode well for our grandaughters & their daughters unless that changes.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
ive worked most of my life in male dominated environments. one job i was one of two women on the entire site among, and the other worked in the office. i never faced such blatant sexism on that job... the guys treated me like i was one of them, which suited me. a couple of the younger guys tried to push the issue, but were shut down quickly either by myself or their managers. they learned respect and some became good mates for the duration of the job.

when i left this recent job, i noted in my resignation that one reason was the deteriorating treatment of some women, and the other reason was physical and mental suffering that was getting worse. i left a copy with both health and safety, and the site nurse who had treated me over the years. the freshly appointed HR manager, who is one of those "yes women", emailed me, wanting me to quantify my statement about women, but zero concern about the medical side.
hopefully the copies i left will be useful to try and bring things back to how they were just last year. they were forward thinking, with deserving women achieving high ranked positions based on knowledge, experience and skill. my boss that they sacked had been there 31 years, her entire adult life, and there was next to nothing she did not know about any job within the place.
Successful women challenge men and men don't like that.
(12-08-2024, 08:14 AM)girlgeorgina Wrote: ive worked most of my life in male dominated environments. one job i was one of two women on the entire site among, and the other worked in the office. i never faced such blatant sexism on that job... the guys treated me like i was one of them, which suited me. a couple of the younger guys tried to push the issue, but were shut down quickly either by myself or their managers. they learned respect and some became good mates for the duration of the job.

when i left this recent job, i noted in my resignation that one reason was the deteriorating treatment of some women, and the other reason was physical and mental suffering that was getting worse. i left a copy with both health and safety, and the site nurse who had treated me over the years. the freshly appointed HR manager, who is one of those "yes women", emailed me, wanting me to quantify my statement about women, but zero concern about the medical side.
hopefully the copies i left will be useful to try and bring things back to how they were just last year. they were forward thinking, with deserving women achieving high ranked positions based on knowledge, experience and skill. my boss that they sacked had been there 31 years, her entire adult life, and there was next to nothing she did not know about any job within the place.

The whole situation is unfair; you'd think that by this stage of human development we could be more  inclined to be fair to everyone.
We seem to be very slow learners.
(12-08-2024, 11:58 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(12-08-2024, 08:14 AM)girlgeorgina Wrote: ive worked most of my life in male dominated environments. one job i was one of two women on the entire site among, and the other worked in the office. i never faced such blatant sexism on that job... the guys treated me like i was one of them, which suited me. a couple of the younger guys tried to push the issue, but were shut down quickly either by myself or their managers. they learned respect and some became good mates for the duration of the job.

The whole situation is unfair; you'd think that by this stage of human development we could be more  inclined to be fair to everyone.

As a society I think we have been regressing in many respects - we'll be back in the stone age before you know it... Smile
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(12-08-2024, 12:08 PM)king1 Wrote:
(12-08-2024, 11:58 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: The whole situation is unfair; you'd think that by this stage of human development we could be more  inclined to be fair to everyone.

As a society I think we have been regressing in many respects - we'll be back in the stone age before you know it... Smile

If we don't swiftly do something about climate change, then we may well be. I doubt it would take long for things to deteriorate badly.