Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road to Zero road safety campaign
I live in Hamilton (yeah yeah get the jokes out of the way) My son and family live on the north shore and I love to go see them but driving there and back is becoming a nightmare, truck and trailer units who are only supposed to do 90Kph rush past at about 120Kph , I stick to the speed limit but there is ALWAYS someone who wants to go faster, where are the cops when you need them? So in a nutshell its becoming more scary to go visit.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
I agree that it is not realistic to expect 100% perfect driver behaviour, however it has been shown time and time again that the faster a vehicle travels the more damage is caused in a collision.

One of the examples was in Germany with the autobahns that had no speed limit, very high quality vehicles and a conscientious and well trained driving population. In international comparisons the number of crashes was fairly low, but the number resulting in fatalities and serious injuries was high because of the speed factor.

I'm in favour of reductions in speed limits.
The drunks, druggies and overtaking-over-yellow-line assholes don't care about speed limits.

Your plan will acheive nothing, otheer than slowing down the rest of the country.

But as is the NZ way, minorities rule so I'm sure we'll be doing 70 on the motorways very soon.
Back to my original post, just heard on the news we have had the worst Christmas/New Year holiday road deaths in a decade. So sad, so many grieving families.

Ken
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(03-01-2023, 01:19 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I live in Hamilton (yeah yeah get the jokes out of the way) My son and family live on the north shore and I love to go see them but driving there and back is becoming a nightmare, truck and trailer units who are only supposed to do 90Kph rush past at about 120Kph , I stick to the speed limit but there is ALWAYS someone who wants to go faster, where are the cops when you need them? So in a nutshell its becoming more scary to go visit.

Nothing wrong with Hamilton.

But to answer your question " Where are the cops"  They are a little off track / Stuck.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(03-01-2023, 08:26 PM)Wainuitech Wrote:
(03-01-2023, 01:19 PM)Oldfellah Wrote: I live in Hamilton (yeah yeah get the jokes out of the way) My son and family live on the north shore and I love to go see them but driving there and back is becoming a nightmare, truck and trailer units who are only supposed to do 90Kph rush past at about 120Kph , I stick to the speed limit but there is ALWAYS someone who wants to go faster, where are the cops when you need them? So in a nutshell its becoming more scary to go visit.

Nothing wrong with Hamilton.

But to answer your question " Where are the cops"  They are a little off track / Stuck.

love it  Big Grin
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular