Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mission Impossible?
Has anybody at all had a satisfactory outcome from a visit to Courier Post's "Customer Service"  ( Rofl Rofl Poop Rofl)  this year?

It certainly wasn't me.
Huh
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
You mean the Overnight to Wellington CourierPost that takes eight days?
Never. I am right now dealing with a delivery that took ten days to get here and arrived badly damaged. All I have had from Courier Post so far is failed promises.
Individual couriers doing pickup and delivery are fine, but once it enters ''The System'', it's gone - DENIAL !
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Allowing for ordinary oops's and mishaps, if you get any reply from their so-called customer service, I was curious if anybody had experienced a positive outcome from the help desk.  All I've managed has been evasion, fallacies or outright abandoning of the call. Frequently all of the above, but usually , Oh so polite.
For slow delivery, they've outdone even Swiss Post. I have a parcel still showing on their tracking as :
(Has to be read bottom to top, which seems appropriate.)

With courier for delivery. 07:39am, 06 June 2020, Auckland
Your item is with a courier for delivery.
Ready for courier. 07:39am, 06 June 2020, Auckland
In transit to local depot. 01:50pm, 26 May 2020, Auckland, New Zealand
International arrival. 09:40am, 26 May 2020, Auckland, New Zealand
International departure. 09:43pm, 02 May 2020, Dongguan
Processed at outbound depot. 12:19am, 02 May 2020, Dongguan
Picked up/Collected.  12:11am, 02 May 2020

At least they haven't tried to use Covid 19 as an excuse.  Back then we hadn't even got Covid 1 Beta.   

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(26-03-2023, 01:09 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Allowing for ordinary oops's and mishaps, if you get any reply from their so-called customer service, I was curious if anybody had experienced a positive outcome from the help desk.  All I've managed has been evasion, fallacies or outright abandoning of the call. Frequently all of the above, but usually , Oh so polite.
For slow delivery, they've outdone even Swiss Post. I have a parcel still showing on their tracking as :
(Has to be read bottom to top, which seems appropriate.)

With courier for delivery. 07:39am, 06 June 2020, Auckland
Your item is with a courier for delivery.
Ready for courier. 07:39am, 06 June 2020, Auckland
In transit to local depot. 01:50pm, 26 May 2020, Auckland, New Zealand
International arrival. 09:40am, 26 May 2020, Auckland, New Zealand
International departure. 09:43pm, 02 May 2020, Dongguan
Processed at outbound depot. 12:19am, 02 May 2020, Dongguan
Picked up/Collected.  12:11am, 02 May 2020

At least they haven't tried to use Covid 19 as an excuse.  Back then we hadn't even got Covid 1 Beta.   

Wink
We've had stock sent from Eastern Canada by 'surface' (sea freight) mail that typically takes 3 months to arrive. Far cheaper than by air but you wouldn't want it urgently.

Also worth considering that if the item in question contains Li-Ion batteries the supply is not legally allowed to send it by air, which may explain the 24 day voyage time from China. That is typical of sea freighted items out of Shanghai from our experience and 10 days to unpack the container once it arrives is not unusual.
Well, 2 pairs of glasses (even progressive lenses ones) are not usually classed as dangerous, and these are optically powered - no batteries - so that's one escape clause invalidated Smile
Everything about the journey is fine up to the time it leaves customs and goes to NZPost depot is good, then it all turns to postal purgatory.
The bit that gets my dander up is this : 

"With courier for delivery. 07:39am,06 June 2020, Auckland
Your item is with a courier for delivery. "

That is still the current report from NZPost  Tracking Service.  A pensioner on a pushbike would get it across China at least a year quicker than it is taking to get across Auckland.The van ride is possibly going better than the inanities coming from customer services.
Needless to say, the Chinese seller is still refusing to consider my complaint until I send him a photo of the missing goods. I suggested I could send him photographs or even oil paintings if he sends helpful instructions - just not by NZPost.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
I purchased a pair of shoes from what I thought was a NZ based seller but turned out to be an offshore seller with a website that was designed to look like it was NZ. A couple of months later it progressed into a 'held up in Customs' claim by the seller with tracking links that didn't work so I approached Visa who reversed the charge and I was refunded in full. That was a year back and I've still not received any contact whatsoever from the merchant regarding the chargeback. Just a numbers game for them I guess.

Probably a bit late in the game for you to use this approach but worth knowing for next time.
I went through a period some years ago when I complained about every parcel which wasn't tracked to delivery (even though I knew it had arrived) since I paid extra for tracking on the parcel back then (now all parcels are supposedly tracked).
Each person I talked to had a different approach and way of resolving the problem.
Over time, I got several free courier bags to compensate for the non-tracking and made them work to resolve the issue (sometimes contacting the recipient as I said I did not have email contact with them).
Some even admitted that the couriers were too busy to scan each item when they delivered.
One tried to make any compensation irrelevant when they learned I had sent plant material as it would decay in the post and was not allowed in their regulations (they might have withered and dried up over some months but not rotted).
I gave up after a few weeks of continual claims but at least I got something back from them sometimes. About 30% were not tracked to delivery.
But they are cheap...
So are Aramex but I try to avoid using them as they have an even worse reputation.