Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobilty scooter polo
At Ypuk  Big Grin   Did you see it on Seven Sharp tonight? Looked great fun by a crowd of elderly reprobates! 

Life in us oldies yet. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
I did indeed, and then I thought of what happens when the back wheels of mine come in contact with wet grass... So maybe I'll stay on the footpath!

I did lodge a Please Fix report with the Council though about a verge that has been planted out with some tall broad leafed bushy things that whack me in the face as I scoot past. I have asked the property occupiers to take a machete to them but nothing happened so I'm hoping when I go down today something will have been done. There is no alternative route unfortunately, so these plants will have to be trimmed out.

Lucky life isn't it, when a few excessively enthusiatic green things are my only challenge?
(31-05-2023, 09:13 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I did indeed, and then I thought of what happens when the back wheels of mine come in contact with wet grass... So maybe I'll stay on the footpath!

I did lodge a Please Fix report with the Council though about a verge that has been planted out with some tall broad leafed bushy things that whack me in the face as I scoot past. I have asked the property occupiers to take a machete to them but nothing happened so I'm hoping when I go down today something will have been done. There is no alternative route unfortunately, so these plants will have to be trimmed out.

Lucky life isn't it, when a few excessively enthusiatic green things are my only challenge?

You could buy a machete yourself and deal to the offenders as you merrily pass by!
Now there's a thought. I can see the front page of the local paper now - Machete Armed Pensioner on Mobility Scooter pics on page four...
I'm just about to get a lightweight weather resistant body for my µTesla, EV, red coloured, green scooter. It's a folding thing, so I get my 2nd ever convertible. (First one was an auto retracting one , anything above 35 MPH on a rough road involved the floppy bit trying advanced violent, complicated wrestling holds and throws on itself. The home-built body tried similar tricks, but that needed over 45 MPH, a velocity only rarely achieved, and never on flat ground.) 
My biggest problem now is how to go about calling for tenders to perform rain dances with the scooter (I've been practicing that)  Just call Drought Busters. Smile 
Alternatively, unfold the top, erect it, and without a single incantation I expect to dehydrate moderate sized stripes of vulnerable wettable areas everywhere I go.  Flood busters at your service. Wink  For a fee of course.
Sadly as with all things disability related, the cost for this body kit is worthy of SpaceX long range missions, as astronomical numbers come into play. Sad  Asking for the Machete equivalent of archery slits to be installed as an option could cause fiscal perturbations around 9.5 on the Richter scale. Bugger.

This chariot is full of disappointments, it is pretty useless for hot pursuits of cats too. Perhaps a Laser Turret could wreak havoc on the garden defilers? - Hmm . . . .
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(31-05-2023, 09:13 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I did indeed, and then I thought of what happens when the back wheels of mine come in contact with wet grass... So maybe I'll stay on the footpath!

Take some loppers with you
(01-06-2023, 11:57 AM)piroska Wrote:

Take some loppers with you
Hedge clippers. Though I am tempted to pop into the Hire place next door and ask them to come out and demonstrate their electric ones on that lot...
I just stop and break the branches and leave them hanging. Quite often when I go past, the hint has been taken and a bit of pruning has been done.

Cars across footpath are the worst things. Grrrr!!!
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Shocked 
(01-06-2023, 02:54 PM)Kenj Wrote: I just stop and break the branches and leave them hanging. Quite often when I go past, the hint has been taken and a bit of pruning has been done.

Cars across footpath are the worst things. Grrrr!!!

A bit of paint stripper painting a pedestrian crossing up and over the car conveys a subtle message.
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.