Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toyota Corolla parts name

I need to replace these (hydraulic opener?).

What do you call them?  It's an old 2003 Toyota Corolla RUNX
gas struts I believe,

cheap from china if your into it, this was the first hit on google for me...
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/10050014004...t=Msite2Pc

but repco probably have them

edit: looks like supercheap have them cheap enough as well
https://www.supercheapauto.co.nz/spare-p...port-stays
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Depending just what bit of the lid, and where it hit you, the gas strut is often referred to as !@*&##$. Pronounced just as in the traditional carpenter's thumb post-impact expletive.
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
I could do with one of those for my Levin boot. I have to either hold the lid open with one hand while removing the groceries from the trolley and awkwardly loading the boot with the other or risk getting hit on the head when the lid comes down in the slightest wind gust. I'm not at my best on a windy day anyway and my mood is not improved by needing to repack my groceries into 4 bags in the trolley because the checkout people squash everything into 2 of them. Yep I have asked for the groceries to be spread over the bags but something weird happens and the checkout person becomes confused. It must mess with the system they have going. Confused
I have them put the groceries back into the trolly and transfer them into a plastic crate in the boot of my car. That works for me as I then carry the crate inside on getting home. Incidentally I must be getting a lot stronger in my old age as I can now carry $200 worth of groceries inside in one go without any trouble. There is no way I could have done that a few years ago.
(21-07-2023, 06:43 PM)CliveM Wrote: I have them put the groceries back into the trolly and transfer them into a plastic crate in the boot of my car. That works for me as I then carry the crate inside on getting home. Incidentally I must be getting a lot stronger in my old age as I can now carry $200 worth of groceries inside in one go without any trouble. There is no way I could have done that a few years ago.

lol, ermm, yes, those bulging muscles...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Reminds me of my old corolla, I carried a stick to prop the door open with...
Ahh the good old days.