Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VoIP remote ringer
Boss gave me the task of solving the inoperative work area ringer for our VoIP phone system. I fixed it once before when it turned out to be the Yealink TA100 power supply failed.
This time no such luck, power supply tested out good.

[Image: jQUnO6Fa_t.jpg] [Image: w9em9dQR_t.jpg]

The TA100 power light is on and the network RJ45 has blinking lights.

I've just researched how to log in the the TA100 with chatgpt.
To log in to a Yeastar TA100:
Obtain the IP address of the Yeastar TA100. This can usually be found by checking the DHCP client list on your router or by connecting a computer directly to the TA100 and checking the network settings.

Open a web browser on a computer connected to the same network as the Yeastar TA100.

Enter the IP address of the TA100 in the address bar of the web browser and press Enter.

The Yeastar TA100 login page will appear. Enter the default username and password, which are both "admin" (without the quotes).

Click the "Login" button.

You should now be logged in to the Yeastar TA100 and have access to the configuration settings. It is recommended to change the default password after logging in for security purposes.
To log in to s to the configuration settings. It is recommended to change the default password after logging in for security purposes.
Yet to try this but will do so once am back at the yard next Mon/Tues. If the username/password has been changed, it'll be a setback. Boss didn't specifically know who held the login details but thought VoIP was controlled from head office.
Boss did suggest purchasing a new TA100 but what if the password has changed, won't VoIP refuse to play?

Studying. Any tips appreciated. Thanks.
i usually use FING to find IP addresses
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...l=en&gl=US

pretty sure there is a desktop version as well
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
If you need to find its IP address, theres a couple of ways. you can run a IP scanner I use https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/

OR if by some chance that doesn't find it, open a command prompt, type in  arp -a    This will list all devices on your network, as well as show the MAC address, which is clearly seen on the 2nd picture, match MAC to IP
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
Super awesome ideas, thanks, very helpful.

My plan..
Find IP of TA100, log in, check settings etc.
Find VoIP provider, I suppose that's an online thing?, must have some sort of user interface for settings of devices. Find reference to the TA100 and check settings.

Oh and another thing. There's Fonetik stickers on all the handsets throughout the offices. Looking at their website, it lists Cloud-based PBX.

Having good luck with ChatGPT with lots of key questions. It's better than Google. However it isn't always right though. I suppose it can only relay information it has gathered, whether it's right or wrong.
Update
Ran FING program. I like it. There was 8 devices listed including printers, laptops, PC even my Galaxy was identified. There was no TA100. I looked at MAC addresses but a couple said unavailable. Conclusion, TA100 is not listed there.

I looked at the TA100 RJ45 ports blinky lights. Pic shows a green and amber. The green one is blinking, amber is solid. What's interesting is where the other end of that network cable plugs into the Netgear, only the green light is showing. I had with me another network cable and another USB power cable but the keys to open the cabinet weren't available. In addition I wanted to try the cable in another of the Netgear's ports.
Also in the pic, you can see the TA100 (tiny) power light. This is blinking, steady on-off-on-off...

FING Internet tab lists MikiPro as ISP, region Auckland. My yard is in Hamilton.

What does any of this tell us? Please suggest next move..

Thanks.
So, am heading back to the yard today with a some replacement network and USB cables also another power supply.
Also I found a manual for the TA100. A slight worry is I need a analog phone to dial commands so TA100 can tell me the Ip address. Hope I can find a phone, any phone with RJ11..

I asked ChatGPT about power/status light blinking: If the Yeastar TA100 status light is blinking, it usually indicates a problem or error. The exact meaning can vary.
if the Yeastar TA100 status light is blinking, it usually indicates a problem or an error. The exact meaning of the blinking light can varyif the Yeastar TA100 status light is blinking, it usually indicates a problem or an error. The exact meaning of the blinking light can vary
Swapping in new cable made no difference.

But I found a phone with RJ11 however no luck. The phone had no tone or sound. Dialing *** made no apparent impression.

So I suppose the TA100 could be dead, have a configuration clash or perhaps the analog phone is dead.

Indeed, if I got another TA100 I may not be able to understand how to configure it and I can't copy the settings from the existing one if I can't access.

Yeastar instructions:
Accessing Web GUI
The TA100/200 attempts to contact a DHCP server in your network to obtain valid
network settings (e.g., the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway address and
DNS address) by default.
Please enable DHCP Server in your network to obtain the TA100/200 IP address.
How to check TA100/200 IP address:
1. Pick up the analog phone, then access the voice menu prompt by dialing “***”.
2. Dial "1" to check the IP address.
3. Dial "2" for web access address.
After entering the IP address in the web browser, users will see a log-in screen.
Check the default settings below:
Username: admin
Password: password
Thinking logically about this situation, there has to be voltage on the TA100 RJ11 port when ringer is activated.
Looks like 12v on hook and 48v off hook from what I understand. The thought is I could measure it..
Should be easy, they use just two strand cores, right?
have you tried the network cable feeding the yealink in a laptop or PC, to verify the network connection is actually good?

when testing cables you have to consider the entire length back to the router or switch, including any internal wiring, you can test this by taking the yealink and plugging it in to the router directly, bypassing and switches and internal cables

you can by the TA100's at PB tech by the looks of it for less than 100, but if you're prepared to do that you may as well try a factory reset on it first. Whether it works or not (ie regardless of whether it is configured) , you should still be able to access the web interface - if you can't there is probably little point in testing the phone side just yet...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Good ideas.. Thanks

No, have not tried feeding the Yealink from a Laptop or PC. Only I've tried plugging it into another port on the router.

There's no other devices between the Yealink and router. Cable goes direct.

Yes, I see PBTech list it, also estimated shipping is 14/8. That might mean it gets brought in from offshore.
Ascent list it for $87 free delivery. In stock apparently.

Elsewhere I have another report that the Yealink's led power/status light should be solid not flashing like it is. The opinion was to replace it because it was "cheap and easy".
I'm concerned about how technical the configuration will be. I've see screenshots...