Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drone attack damages Russian planes
It would be lovely if they could just stop killing & maiming each other. We seem to be a deeply flawed species. Dodgy

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66654125

[b]"A drone attack on an airport in the north-western Russian city of Pskov has damaged two military transport planes, Russian news agencies are reporting.[/b]
The Ilyushin 76 transport planes caught fire in the attack, the reports say.
The local governor said earlier the military was repelling an attack. He uploaded video showing a large fire while an explosion could also be heard.
Pskov is more than 600km (372 miles) away from Ukraine, close to the border with Estonia.

Ukraine has not said it was involved in the latest attack but it rarely comments on attacks inside Russia.
In recent weeks the country is believed to have increased its use of explosive drones to attack targets inside Russia."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Perhaps its a different attack than i am thinking of, but Ukraine had been using some cheap "cardboard" drones supplied by Australia if my memory serves me correctly.
They have a reasonable range and are cheap to assemble, so you can afford to send a whole fleet of the things to your target and have a higher chance of reaching it should air defence shoot it down.
Its also good to see the progress towards the south, Ukraine has broken through the first line of defence and is set to encircle the defence lines to the south and make way towards Tokmak, that will be a huge turning point in this war once that happens.
(01-09-2023, 11:09 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Perhaps its a different attack than i am thinking of, but Ukraine had been using some cheap "cardboard" drones supplied by Australia if my memory serves me correctly.
They have a reasonable range and are cheap to assemble, so you can afford to send a whole fleet of the things to your target and have a higher chance of reaching it should air defence shoot it down.
Its also good to see the progress towards the south, Ukraine has broken through the first line of defence and is set to encircle the defence lines to the south and make way towards Tokmak, that will be a huge turning point in this war once that happens.

I'd like to see Putin removed from power, before more damage is done.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(01-09-2023, 11:13 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 11:09 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Perhaps its a different attack than i am thinking of, but Ukraine had been using some cheap "cardboard" drones supplied by Australia if my memory serves me correctly.

Agreed, too many lives lost on both sides, however any attacks on russian military targets is a good thing, unlike the russian drones that seems to hit mostly civilian targets such as schools, hospitals and apartments.
(01-09-2023, 11:13 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:

We've recently seen what happened to the last guy who tried to do that.
(01-09-2023, 11:17 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 11:13 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'd like to see Putin removed from power, before more damage is done.

He seems to haveĀ  ways of ending any opposition doesn't he, he's utterly ruthless. Dodgy
(01-09-2023, 11:17 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 11:13 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I'd like to see Putin removed from power, before more damage is done.

I would have liked to have seen Prigozhin topple Putin, but on the other hand it probably wouldnt have been much better for Russia long term, however it likely would have meant an end to the war with Ukraine.
I think he was very foolish not only to hang around in Russia after the coup but to actually trust Putin in the first place and back out.
(01-09-2023, 11:25 AM)nzoomed Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 11:17 AM)harm_less Wrote: We've recently seen what happened to the last guy who tried to do that.

I would have liked to have seen Prigozhin topple Putin, but on the other hand it probably wouldnt have been much better for Russia long term, however it likely would have meant an end to the war with Ukraine.
I think he was very foolish not only to hang around in Russia after the coup but to actually trust Putin in the first place and back out.

Agreed - I think anyone who trusts Putin is headed for a nasty end unless they remain entirely & completely loyal - & even then, they'd need to be extremely wary.
Damn right, he must have been very naive.

I think this is the same drone attack here possibly, although appears more than 2 planes destroyed/damaged. Its covered on Denys' channel if anyone here follows him.