Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDMI outputs
I'm running a reunion event for a group of old friends on the weekend. The venue has HDMI connection into their projection screen and sound systems. I have a file of photos which I will use as a slideshow and a file of ripped CD tracks for music. My question is whether both the photo and music can be output and run simultaneously from my laptop (through a single HDMI connection)?

The music is a purpose selected playlist of music from our era (late 70s +/-) so Spotify isn't an option as most of the album tracks would be difficult to find if not impossible. I have about 1,000 CD albums on a HD to choose from.
yes, HDMI is both Audio and Video so no problem doing that. Even if you had separate apps running the Audio and slideshow

I think projectors have an hdmi OUT to connect to the sound system so you would only need the one connection to the projector for it all to work and the audio would pass thru to the sound system... But I would probably see if you can get a few minutes before the day to trial it, just in case...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Went down to the venue this afternoon. Once the bar staff sorted out how to turn on the projector for the visuals and divert the sound system off of the TVs and able to use the HDMI feed all was sorted. A bit of faffing around so glad to have it sorted now rather than as we set up on Saturday night.

Thanks for your help King1 Smile
not a problem
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup