Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOT in our...suburb
McDonalds not wanted - well, not in Orakei amyway.

Can't say I blame them really, I'm not  fan of theirs..but it does seem a  bit precious.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/35028003...ant-orakei
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Yes, other suburbs don't have the money to fight it. The amount of rubbish they produce is the main thing for me, the stuff is just thrown out of cars everywhere.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
I have fond (albeit rather vague) memories of going to "Tea & Toys" in the church hall on that site when I was a pre-schooler back in the late 80s. I hope the pipe organ was preserved and relocated when the church was demolished however, with more and more old churches being demolished / converted into houses etc., there is possibly a surplus of second hand organs.

And Zurdo, I'm with you on the fast food rubbish. It will only be a small % of their customers at fault, however that small percentage throw a huge amount out of their cars etc and it is unfortunately pretty much impossible to stop. Those that do it know that the chances of being caught are extremely negligible, and, if liability was pushed back onto the fast food outlets, they'd just have to put their prices way up to cover the cost and the actual culprits would just continue right on doing it.
(20-05-2024, 11:46 AM)dken31 Wrote: I have fond (albeit rather vague) memories of going to "Tea & Toys" in the church hall on that site when I was a pre-schooler back in the late 80s.  I hope the pipe organ was preserved and relocated when the church was demolished however, with more and more old churches being demolished / converted into houses etc., there is possibly a surplus of second hand organs. 

And Zurdo, I'm with you on the fast food rubbish.  It will only be a small % of their customers at fault, however that small percentage throw a huge amount out of their cars etc and it is unfortunately pretty much impossible to stop.  Those that do it know that the chances of being caught are extremely negligible, and, if liability was pushed back onto the fast food outlets, they'd just have to put their prices way up to cover the cost and the actual culprits would just continue right on doing it.

Yeah, & any excuse will do if it means they can raise their prices.

Just not so much that those on the lowest incomes can no longer afford it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)