Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisiana...ten commendments
Louisiana has taken several steps backwards in the general direction of much earlier times; the ten commandments must now be displayed in every public school classroom.

Which should prove interesting as some are claiming it's in breach of their constitution; the first amendment guarantees the right to hold whichever religious beliefs they see fit.
Their founding fathers must be rotating rapidly in their graves... Rolleyes
Quote:https://www.stuff.co.nz/world-news/35031...classrooms
Governor Jeff Landry signed legislation Wednesday requiring every public classroom in Louisiana to display the Ten Commandments, becoming the first state with such a law and inflaming tensions over the separation between church and state.
“The First Amendment promises that we all get to decide for ourselves what religious beliefs, if any, to hold and practice, without pressure from the government,” the Louisiana chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union, the Freedom From Religion Foundation and other groups said in a joint statement Wednesday. “Politicians have no business imposing their preferred religious doctrine on students and families in public schools.”
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Well Louisiana is one of the bible belt states after all!
I guess the argument they are having is that they are mandating it whether or not the individual school upholds the same religious beliefs?
There's a move to remove it due to their constitution so it may not be in place for long.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Yeah, I dont expect it to last, will probably get dragged out for ages in the courts.
But, it's a big indication of what they want to do.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
I'm once again, extremely grateful that my ancestors came here & not there...