Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden press conference starting soon
https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/3503343...conference

Its probably my technoklutzness but unable to get that to work.

Came across this though.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/arti...-takeaways
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
From what I heard on the radio it sounds like he made another fine mess of it
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I was expecting him to announce his resignation after blunder he made shortly prior, clearly not!
yeah he's a bit of an embarrassment to the US now. Pity will only go so far in international relations...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I watched it and it was okay. I am increasingly reassured that he can do it, if the media allows it. I watched the presser, and todays campaign speech in Chicago, and yes, if he can hold on to that level of energy and focus...
(13-07-2024, 03:40 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I watched it and it was okay. I am increasingly reassured that he can do it, if the media allows it. I watched the presser, and todays campaign speech in Chicago, and yes, if he can hold on to that level of energy and focus...
Essentially one of the celebs who was criticising him said, the next weeks or months are probably okay but how's he going to be functioning in 4 years' time?

The question whether Joe is swapped out before the election, to increase the democrat's chances, or he gets the opportunity to save face now and steps down with dignity during his next term.
But what if he continues, wins re election, and then once policy making is underway he steps down in his own time and Harris steps into the role? It gives the dems a chance to regroup and prepare with a nice lead time into the next election with either Harris or whoever at the helm...

I don't think any American is thinking much beyond November. Except maybe the mad clown who fancies himself the biggliest king of them all. The media certainly aren't, and they are the loudest voices just now.
(13-07-2024, 05:36 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: But what if he continues, wins re election, and then once policy making is underway he steps down in his own time and Harris steps into the role? It gives the dems a chance to regroup and prepare with a nice lead time into the next election with either Harris or whoever at the helm...

I don't think any American is thinking much beyond November. Except maybe the mad clown who fancies himself the biggliest king of them all. The media certainly aren't, and they are the loudest voices just now.

That would be rather nice if he does that...

Especially if the orange person was to meet with a very public mishap/accident, perhaps a trip down the steps of his plane just before their election...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)