Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This seems dodgy
As much as I admire Mike King and his initiatives, this just seems like a deal for mates...   I am sure there are other existing organisations with much more experience and capacity to provide the same services.  

Why did they get special treatment? 

Quote:Health officials had to invoke a special 'opt-out' clause to ensure $24 million given to Mike King's Gumboot Friday initiative complied with government contract rules.
Officials also - unsuccessfully - suggested providing less funding to start with, before scaling up.
The chair of the charity behind the initiative says the level of scrutiny it has faced has been "devastating" and there was an assumption that the organisation must have done something "dodgy".
The government announced in May that the I Am Hope Foundation would receive $6m for four years to provide counselling services to 5- to 25-year-olds. The funding was already pledged as part of the coalition agreement last year.
Documents obtained under the Official Information Act show Health Ministry officials struggling to find a way to make the contract compliant with public procurement rules.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/in-depth/5230...ay-funding
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Add this to the 'best mates' file, along with that crazy vapes and tobacco thing...
Yet another example of nepotism and lack of attention to detail in this government's hastily introduced policies.