Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add folder to Office 2019
I have Windows Office 2019 and I use a Gmail email. I have tried to setup a folder in the Personal Folders of Office but without success. 

I right clicked on the personal folder and from the dropdown I selected New Folder, renamed it to Sent Items. I then sent a test email to another email address. 

The email I have sent appears in the Gmail sent folder. Although I have sent it from Office 2019, it does not appear in the Office sent folder I created.

Obviously I have done something wrong but can't figure out what that is. Any advice please?
that is the way Outlook works, it is just an email client program set to sync the email folders that are stored in gmail... Gmail itself is copying the sent email to it's own sent folder, which is then synced by outlook...

BTW "sent items" is probably a reserved folder name in Outlook, it may or may not like you actually creating one...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
That sounds about right.

Just because you named a folder Sent doesn't mean the sent mails will go there.

Have a read  Saving mail

If you went online (gmail ) and looked you will find the folder you created under "labels" BUT it will still be empty. If you wanted a copy of the sent items you can copy to that folder, or should be able  to make up a rule. To do that, go to the Sent Items folder, right click and create rules from the rule options.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(24-01-2023, 02:20 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: If you went online and looked you will find the folder you created under "labels" BUT it will still be empty.

although he did suggest he created the folder in Personal Folders which if i'm not mistaken will be in a redundant PST file for POP... so not visible in gmail

The rest of your suggestion sounds like a good way to achieve what he wanted
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Thanks guys. I have decided to go back to Mail, much more friendly.
(24-01-2023, 02:25 PM)king1 Wrote:
(24-01-2023, 02:20 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: If you went online and looked you will find the folder you created under "labels" BUT it will still be empty.

The rest of your suggestion sounds like a good way to achieve what he wanted

When Archiving IMAP folders / Mail  they actually save as  .pst files. Done it many times with people whom have to much mail.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.