Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
windows ISO
Started Tablet today after a long time sitting. Front screen says need latest windows 10 OS (old install)
Have used Windows media tool on this Laptop to create an ISO for USB which is sitting in Documents.
Do I just transfer the ISO to the USB or is there another step.
TIA
Colin
assuming the tablet is running ok, can you not just go into settings / update and security - any updates will download through there.

or you can usually install the latest version from here
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topi...a2ac36fb3f

without needing to download iso and build flash drives etc
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
as for the original question you would need to use something like Rufus to write the ISO to a flash drive

or on the same linked page above, you can download the assistant but choose to write directly to a flash drive rather than create an ISO
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(19-01-2023, 04:21 PM)king1 Wrote: as for the original question you would need to use something like Rufus to write the ISO to a flash drive

or on the same linked page above, you can download the assistant but choose to write directly to a flash drive rather than create an ISO

Tried the assistant on the Tablet. Failed with error 0x800700e
Already have the ISO so  get Rufus and try it. If it fails again it is no big deal. Tablet only used for docs and music.

If I reinstall from the ISO will it leave the apps intact or will I have to reinstall them?
\
(19-01-2023, 04:56 PM)colpol Wrote:
(19-01-2023, 04:21 PM)king1 Wrote: as for the original question you would need to use something like Rufus to write the ISO to a flash drive

Tried the assistant on the Tablet. Failed with error 0x800700e
Already have the ISO so  get Rufus and try it. If it fails again it is no big deal. Tablet only used for docs and music.

If I reinstall from the ISO will it leave the apps intact or will I have to reinstall them?
\
If you  mount the ISO from within windows , open and double click setup.exe  it will give you the option to keep all data / Applications or remove everything ( Your choice) If you boot from a DVD/USB though there is no option to keep existing data.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(25-01-2023, 09:21 PM)Wainuitech Wrote:
(19-01-2023, 04:56 PM)colpol Wrote: Tried the assistant on the Tablet. Failed with error 0x800700e

\
If you  mount the ISO from within windows , open and double click setup.exe  it will give you the option to keep all data / Applications or remove everything ( Your choice) If you boot from a DVD/USB though there is no option to keep existing data.

Thanks WT. Much appreciated Smile