Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Howdy
E93A Tumbleweed
Dont hold a grudge, slash their tires and call it evens.
If its old and British I want it except British helicopters.
Is that you prefect?

Ken
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
It is squire
(17-12-2022, 07:42 AM)zkted Wrote: It is squire

Ahh, I suspected as much.  So is this a final farewell to the air force and an embrace of civvy street?   Cool
It was the E93A that gave it away. He could have tried to fool us by putting 100e?

Ken
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!

Phew, cant go leaving anyone behind Evilgrin Evilgrin
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(17-12-2022, 11:54 AM)Kenj Wrote: It was the E93A that gave it away. He could have tried to fool us by putting 100e?

Ken

To confuse the issue I had a 100E engine in my E93A

(17-12-2022, 11:42 AM)WalOne Wrote:

Ahh, I suspected as much.  So is this a final farewell to the air force and an embrace of civvy street?   Cool
Not so Wal I was never that airforcey in my 27 yrs in the RNZAF a Sqn Ldr at 4TTS who shall remain namless Sqn Ldr Work said I was the most unmiltary person he had met in the miltary. 
Said I was more bushman/mercenary than military, I took it as a compliment. Big Grin
Nice to see so many familiar names have made the migration.
Quack!
Nice, I took a look as ZK is Air NZ's registration code.

I've seen an HSV Commodore with the rego plate ZKHSV.

Being an avgeek and a HSV fan, I would have paid anything for that plate then bought the car.
(27-12-2022, 08:01 AM)allblack Wrote: Nice, I took a look as ZK is Air NZ's registration code.

I've seen an HSV Commodore with the rego plate ZKHSV.

Being an avgeek and a HSV fan, I would have paid anything for that plate then bought the car.

ZK is New Zealand's national aircraft code. I owned microlight ZKTED, it was available when my plane was built. The rego lapsed on the aircraft after I sold it, now its on a plane in Queenstown.
Correct. Shouldn't have included the 'Air'.
ZM is also a NZ aircraft identifier code, although the only one I can recall was a Fying Flea at MOTAT, Auckland, ZM-AAA    
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(28-12-2022, 07:36 PM)R2x1 Wrote: ZM is also a NZ aircraft identifier code, although the only one I can recall was a Fying Flea at MOTAT, Auckland, ZM-AAA

Interesting aircraft, Prewar kiwi in RAF Clouston (his father had a gold mine behind our farm) saw a meet of them and most could never get off the ground which was quite lucky as they tended to cbd. In his bio he was talked into flying one said it was the most terrifying flight he ever had and he flew 1939-45.
Somewhat like the BD5 that came along later, there was a certain amount of optimism involved in the design , building and flying phases.   The skill and resources were all in the marketing  department.  Alas for the Pou de ciel, going to fast or too slow in flight was almost as dangerous as moving the controls. When things went wrong as they were wont to do, the only saving grace was Henri Mignet's safety feature - no matter how high, low, fast or slow you go, the ground can be relied on to arrest your fall.

Angry
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(17-12-2022, 01:09 PM)Wainuitech Wrote:

Phew, cant go leaving anyone behind Evilgrin Evilgrin

You reckon we lost some ? :o
Im not trying to be difficult it just comes naturally.
(04-03-2023, 08:31 AM)beetle Wrote:
(17-12-2022, 01:09 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Phew, cant go leaving anyone behind Evilgrin Evilgrin

You reckon we lost some ? :o

Yeah theres a few that so far have no migrated, but on saying that if a person didn't go to the Old PF1 for a while all they would get is not found, and no indication as to where everyone has gone.

Just looked the complete pcworld.co.nz has now been migrated / deleted and it goes to pcworld.com
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
You get that, unless you don't. . .
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.