Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids break into cars
Unbelievable!
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/auckland-c...4OF6D7HZM/
That's really young - you have to wonder what their lives must have been like, that they'd see this as being OK.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
12yo is pretty young for this sort of crime, let alone to drive away.
There is no excuses that the parents can have for this sort of behaviour either.
There may well be reasons though; & probably goes back to parenting. Both of their parents & the kids. Time to teach the basics of parenting in high schools.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
no consequences, just a telling off and sent on their way

hopefully one day someone will catch one of them in the act and dispense a good old fashioned beating
yes i know
(17-08-2023, 11:21 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: There may well be reasons though; & probably goes back to parenting. Both of their parents & the kids. Time to teach  the basics of parenting in high schools.

Yes, yes and yes. Teach them right from wrong. Teach them to respect others. Unfortunately the attitudes come from the parents.

(17-08-2023, 02:52 PM)jim157 Wrote: no consequences, just a telling off and sent on their way

hopefully one day someone will catch one of them in the act and dispense a good old fashioned beating

No consequences. No telling off. No questions asked when they come home with stuff that obviously isn't theirs. And of course the beating you propose would have the giver before the courts for punishment.
(17-08-2023, 02:52 PM)jim157 Wrote: no consequences, just a telling off and sent on their way

Because bashing the living daylights out of a child is always so very effective. Dodgy

Addressing the causes is likely to be more effective.
Yup, we are way past child abuse. Though that may be exactly what caused these kids to act out the way they do.

Happy kids do not go out in the dark to rip off other folk...
(17-08-2023, 08:32 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yup, we are way past child abuse. Though that may be exactly what caused these kids to act out the way they do.

Happy kids do not go out in the dark to rip off other folk...

Exactly.