Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April gets here earlier every year.
You certainly have to take care of the details when you're in the "golden ears brigade". Imagine what it costs to get this upgraded cable all the way back through the power network to the generators.

It might be best to insist on free-range solar as the source. (Absolutely no battery farmed electrons of course.)
These are the good folk who can help you get absolute purity of sound to hear the King's speech while as a bonus helping your descendants minimise inheritance tax should it arise.
Please note, this is only the entry level power connector. The deluxe edition is obviously considerably more expensive. Ring now!
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
As a sparky I was taught not to coil any power cables as it increases the inductance in the cable.!!!!!!!!!!
With one of these leads your bedside clock-radio is bound to sound much better than those cheap leads could ever permit it to play.

YEAH : RIGHT
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(01-01-2023, 08:14 AM)neilmcc Wrote: As a sparky I was taught not to coil any power cables as it increases the inductance in the cable.!!!!!!!!!!

I married an electronics engineer. But he didn't know everything. You should've seen his face when I told him off for leaving plug switches in the On position, letting all that electricity leak out all over the floor...
(01-01-2023, 05:43 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(01-01-2023, 08:14 AM)neilmcc Wrote: As a sparky I was taught not to coil any power cables as it increases the inductance in the cable.!!!!!!!!!!

I married an electronics engineer. But he didn't know everything. You should've seen his face when I told him off for leaving plug switches in the On position, letting all that electricity leak out all over the floor...

That sounds like something my late mother-in-law would come out with
We had a neighbour in Point Chevalier who wisely (she thought) put a cork in light sockets when she took the lamp to the electrical goods seller to purchase a replacement. She also didn't want electricity spraying around the rooms, especially the kitchen where stray electricity could contaminate the family's food.
Given that Mercury Electricity put out a brochure explaining that electric imps did the exciting work in stoves and heaters as well as lamps, it is probably no wonder that consumers were sometimes more than confused enough to qualify as Council Officers.
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(01-01-2023, 06:14 PM)R2x1 Wrote: We had a neighbour in Point Chevalier who wisely (she thought) put a cork in light sockets when she took the lamp to the electrical goods seller to purchase a replacement. She also didn't want electricity spraying around the rooms, especially the kitchen where stray electricity could contaminate the family's food.
Given that Mercury Electricity put out a brochure explaining that electric imps did the exciting work in stoves and heaters as well as lamps, it is probably no wonder that consumers were sometimes more than confused enough to qualify as Council Officers.
Wink

I was surprised he ever took me seriously after that one...  Big Grin
(01-01-2023, 08:32 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I was surprised he ever took me seriously after that one...  Big Grin

This electric leakage is serious business, some shocking things could occur . . Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
I've given up arguing with Audiophiles over all the things they waste their money on. Ultimately they are happy with the result and don't want to hear which parts of their setup are snake oil.
They tend to have very nice sounding systems regardless. There are so many stupid products designed purely to separate people from their money, like the device for shaving a bevel onto the edge of your CD's to improve the sound quality..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-QxLAxwxkM

We used to joke that the earth connection for lightning arrestors in roadside cabinets had to be straight or the electrons would fall out the corners. Not everyone got the joke though maybe because they do need to be as straight and short as possible and they didn't understand why (lightning has a lot of energy and will blow through insulation to take the shortest path to ground regardless of where the wire goes)