Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo printing.
I have recently changed my printer from Epson to a Brother DCP-J1050DW.  I have a nearly full packet of EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper.  I have tried it in the Brother machine.  It gives the paper options of: Plain paper, Inkjet paper, Brother Glossy photo paper (BP71 GP), Matte photo paper (BP60 matte), Other photo paper.  I have tried telling the machine that I am using BP71 GP, and Other photo paper in separate tries.  Neither produces even vaguely useful prints.  Is there any option than
buying new paper?
print head doesn't need cleaning does it? Wouldn't have thought brand of paper would matter that much
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
My apologies, my poor eyesight led to my printing on the wrong side of the paper.  The "epson" printed on the back is quite feint, and it is not until you look at the inside of the paper tray that you see an indication that the print side should be down. Hopefully I will only make that mistake once.  There are probably plenty more mistakes out there to trap me!
it's always a good outcome when there is a logical explanation for it, i'm glad you got it sorted..
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(01-03-2023, 07:43 AM)brucem Wrote: My apologies, my poor eyesight led to my printing on the wrong side of the paper.  The "epson" printed on the back is quite feint, and it is not until you look at the inside of the paper tray that you see an indication that the print side should be down. Hopefully I will only make that mistake once.  There are probably plenty more mistakes out there to trap me!

Cant resist Big Grin should have gone to Spec Savers  Tongue
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.