Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is GOM Media Player safe?
I periodically like to download Foreign Language Musical Videos and have English Subtitles. Often I have to search separately for a SRT f using something like downsubs  then add it to the download file.
KM Player 64x still requires this. On reading yesterday about GOM Player the brief "blurb" suggested it automatically searched for subtitle files. Today on Filepuma I decided to trial it but download was stopped -Win Defender said Virus detected.
Then I logged onto GOM's direct website and downloaded it (Version 23..88.5357 ).Ok but have, because of the above warning ,have not tried to install from Downloads.

Is GOM a safe reliable program? Has anyone used it and how "good "is it for automatically searching for Subtitle files?

Guidance please
Neil
no idea about GOM but I use Potplayer which has the same feature. i've been using it for several years

you can open the right click menu / subtitles / download subtitles which presents a list of available subs , and I believe you can set it to do so automatically as well...

there is also a subtitle translation feature which is useful for obscure titles where there are only foreign subs available, they can be translated in realtime to english.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup