Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two questions
1. Is this for real or a scam?:

https://www.techspot.com/news/99182-limi...cense.html

2. Is it worth moving to a Pro version of Widows 11?

Huh
1. actually looks reasonably legit, techspot have been around for eons, but it does seem too cheap, MS don't give stuff away for nothing. It is also a retail version, so I think for clean installs or upgrades to retail versions only - might not work with standard OEM windows. It will also be USD I would think

2. if you have win 11 home it is debatable whether you'll get any benefit...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Linux is cheaper Tongue
There are quite a few legit site that sell discounted Windows and MS Office licenses. I suspect that the uptake of Windows 11 is too slow for MS so they allow these cheap licensees to be sold to grt the numbers up.
(11-07-2023, 09:54 AM)paulw Wrote: There are quite a few legit site that sell discounted Windows and MS Office licenses. I suspect that the uptake of Windows 11 is too slow for MS so they allow these cheap licensees to be sold to grt  the numbers up.

what legit sites?  

There is merit in that MS now also want to make money off a 365 subscription now so from that POV your logic makes sense in some ways... 
but there have also been an awful lot of illegitimate websites  selling off fake keys, usually volume license codes, often accompanied by statements of 'works fine but can't be tied to a MS account...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(11-07-2023, 10:24 AM)king1 Wrote:
(11-07-2023, 09:54 AM)paulw Wrote: There are quite a few legit site that sell discounted Windows and MS Office licenses. I suspect that the uptake of Windows 11 is too slow for MS so they allow these cheap licensees to be sold to grt  the numbers up.

what legit sites?  

There is merit in that MS now also want to make money off a 365 subscription now so from that POV your logic makes sense in some ways... 
but there have also been an awful lot of illegitimate websites  selling off fake keys, usually volume license codes, often accompanied by statements of 'works fine but can't be tied to a MS account...
 Yeah theres a LOT of fake places that try to sell cheap. Seen it quite a bit - People buy from dodgy sites, things may work OK for a month then surprise -- Invalid license.

There are legit places that sell Microsoft products dirt cheap or even free from Microsoft - Places like TechSoup --- BUT you have to be a nonprofit or charity to get the discounts, and they do check that you are registered as such.  Example: windows 11 Pro $27 + gst   all legit.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.