Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No voice on movie
I have the 3 DVD set of the Bourne Collector's Edition. Long ago I had copied the 3 movies to my computer without problems.

Recently I purchased 2nd hand a perfectly good Logitech Z506 5.1 sound system to replace a Logitech 2 speaker system. I have gone back to the 2 speaker system and my following fault still occurs so I have ruled out speakers. I have checked the Default APPS which is set at Films and TV for .mp4.

Simply, there is no voice. All other sounds are there but no voice. This applies to the files on the PC, Backup on an external drive and even the DVDs themselves. I am using Realtek HD Audio. All other movies (and I have many) do carry voice. It would therefore seem that a codex for these 3 movies is missing. I am thinking of adding the K lite codex pack but would like some input from someone who might be aware of such a problem.
Now discovered that my "Back to the future" copies are also affected. I will need to check all my downloaded movies (used MKV).

I think my problem might be from an upgrade today To Wondershare UniConverter which embodies a player in it. All worked well until the update today.
(07-09-2023, 03:34 PM)Bryan Wrote: Now discovered that my "Back to the future" copies are also affected. I will need to check all my downloaded movies (used MKV).

I think my problem might be from an upgrade today To Wondershare UniConverter which embodies a player in it. All worked well until the update today.

Does it work in vlc?  that's handy to use because it ignores a bunch of the codecs in windows and deals with it itself.
yep check which player you're using, if it has changed that could be it...
but i know with some media players there are output selections in the settings which might cause the voice to be noticeably reduced but other sounds ok eg not sure exactly but something like using a 5.1 output speaker when its only a 2.0 audio stream or might be viceversa. It was a long time ago...

Potplayer is another with a ton of config options...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
It would seem that anything downloaded from the Internet will work with the MS Player for Films and TV (which I prefer). Those I have copied from DVD using MKV are now suspect even though until recently were perfectly OK.

VLC no voice but background sound. Potplayer there is voice but the picture quality is poor. Wondershare UniConverter Player does work, and I might just have to learn how to drive it.

What I like about the Film & TV APP is that it is easy to set Auto play. The others require you to create a playlist.
you can try Handbrake if you like, to rip a dvd and see if that helps
https://handbrake.fr/
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
OK. The problem seems to have been fixed! I went into Device Manager and uninstalled the Realtek HD Audio. When I rebooted, the program installed as "High definition audio device". I changed the APP for .mp4 to Films & TV. I then went to my Bourne movie and all sounds were able to be played.

I must remember this just in case it happens again.
I thought maybe your movies were a bit senior and needed a local piano player to provide the sound, not always convenient if you couldn't sleep and wanted to watch a movie late at night. Some pianists were a bit stroppy about unpaid overtime.
Your solution sounds much better, and you get colour as well at no extra cost!
Entropy is not what
it used to be.