Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motherboard upgrade.
I'm replacing a Generation 3 Asus MB with a Gigabyte Gen 10. I will be using the Gen 3 SSD with the new board. What do I need to look out for and is there anything special to be done. I have my doubts that I could just rely on thinking that the SSD would just fire up so I think a fresh install of Windows 11 will be what I need to do. Both boards are Intel CPUs.
It may just fire up, install new drivers and set its self up. You will see a message saying its configuring hardware ( new drivers)

Be prepared to reactivate Windows 11 as you are changing an important piece of hardware.  Windows 11 still activates with W7- W10 old keys.

With Both CPU's being intel you shouldn't have problems. The "Fun" (blue screens) begins when you change from AMD to Intel or other way around.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
Thank you, nice to hear from you, it's been a while.
(05-10-2023, 08:06 PM)Bryan Wrote: Thank you, nice to hear from you, it's been a while.

I've been here every day, just don't always login or comment, and there are others who have a lot of Knowledge and answer before I do Smile 

Being a Moderator I do look, as I said not always logged in, and compared to the Old PF1 this site is tame, the trouble makers either have not ventured over or are behaving Wink
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
Update: Only got to the pre post screen and couldn't proceed. Used my DVD of Win10 to reboot and it updated some drivers to allow access to boot SSD. Since than everything worked well including Activation. So far all is well!