Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flybuys to close down
Might be wise to spend all those hard earned points.
(30-05-2024, 03:55 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Might be wise to spend all those hard earned points.

Indeed, get in quick. Pleased I haven't got any.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
You will be able to redeem until the end of December.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
I joined when it started and have rather enjoyed the "benefits" over the years. These days it's New World dollars, which believe it or not are very handy on those lean weeks a few days before super payday. Fortunately from July we'll have that nice Budget increase to get us through...
Enjoy your $2, Hunni!
I do have other cameras!
Ive got enough points for a fair bit of travel.
Just got to decide on my destination now.
Just checked and we have a grand total of 134 points on our account. We don't buy petrol (2x EVs), have a very light supermarket spend as we are heavily self sufficient and 2nd hand and/or online is our go to for most household purchases (i.e. appliances, books, alcohol, clothing, etc.). I 'earn' a few FlyBuys for completing online surveys.

Can't say we will miss, or really notice, FlyBuys finishing but will be looking to spend whatever credit we have accumulated by year's end.
Did my usual end of fortnight top up shop and was seduced into one of those delicious butterflied chooks on special, so my five NW dollars got used up. Instead of wine.

Gods, my self discipline is sickening somedays. Still, there's always tomorrow...
never used flybuys myself, it always appeared to me only the more expensive shops offered it and better prices were usually available elsewhere
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I think my points came from the occasional Noel Leeming purchase, and New World, so it wasn't really an effort. I certainly never purchased because of Flybuys, but perhaps some people did..