Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eset Nod
So my renewal to Eset Internet Security has come up and the only option to renew is for the EIS, whereas I want to go back to the antivirus only.
How do I do that? Apply for a new one?
apparently, it is because it is too close to renewal date
https://forum.eset.com/topic/40444-how-t...essential/

if you have a reseller best to go back through them, otherwise the easy option is just uninstall and reinstall the correct version. There is no disadvantage doing this pricewise anymore, renewal and new licenses cost the same

You can get a trial online via eset or chillisoft or I can PM you a trial license key...

Download is here - use the *Advanced Download* option on the right to get the full installer
https://www.eset.com/nz/home/antivirus/d...d-manually
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I should add, at some point in the not too distant future they are going to enforce create an Eset Home account to manage licenses, but I don't think this is happening as yet. You can still use the *Skip Login* button I believe..

Eset Antivirus will be changing to Eset Home, Basically the same program, different name.

As king1 Said If you only want the Antivirus, just buy it as new, there is no difference now between new and renewal pricing. if downgrading, you'll have to uninstall what you have currently, then install the AV only. On dealers logins, theres no Downgrade option, only upgrade, BUT Chillisoft ( if you phoned them) will only tell you to buy a new package if you want the cheaper price ($49.98) Other wise the more expensive will also install the lesser Antivirus package, you would just be prompted as to which one you want to install, but why pay more.

As for Requiring your own account, Esets wording in the flyer is"

"ESET has released 'ESET Home' for consumer customers.

All ESET subscriptions must be connected to an ESET Home account with the customer’s email. Accounts must be updated with the customer's e-mail address by 31st August 2024."

Setting up the account is quite painless, just go to the site https://login.eset.com/login Bottom right Create an account ( if you dont already have one) follow the prompts. You'll need to supply a legit Email Address and confirm you want to add your Computer Via email, and once done there will ne a confirm button open on the Antivirus, click that and away you go. Smile

I've done quite a few lately when renewing or selling new products to customers. Once in there allows you to pick and add, remove, and alter many options.

Their New VPN is actually very good, got that included with the Ultimate Package, But I think you can get it separately if Wanted.
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
lol, "not too distant future " is in 4 days. I should probably read chillisofts newsletters...

(27-08-2024, 01:48 PM)king1 Wrote: lol, "not too distant future " is in 4 days.  I should probably read chillisofts newsletters...

Yeah, I knew it was coming, Actually watched some of the Webinars ( kind of Wink ) 

Usually with the newsletters I skim them just to make sure, but this one caught my roaming eye for once Smile

I am not sure exactly what's going to happen after the end of the month, still got a LOT of customers who won't have accounts created, but all their Emails are correct at time of renewal/Purchasing  -- Could be "interesting or Busy"
Thanks for your help wainuitech and king1.
I never noticed that in the newsletter either, im bad for skimming over them, not sure how it will chance things with my NFR licence.
(28-08-2024, 11:10 AM)nzoomed Wrote: I never noticed that in the newsletter either, im bad for skimming over them, not sure how it will chance things with my NFR licence.

Is it a Business License or other editions ??

I know with the Ultimate I created a separate account to the business editions.
(28-08-2024, 11:20 AM)Wainuitech Wrote:
(28-08-2024, 11:10 AM)nzoomed Wrote: I never noticed that in the newsletter either, im bad for skimming over them, not sure how it will chance things with my NFR licence.

Is it a Business License or other editions ??

I know with the Ultimate I created a separate account to the business editions.

It says its an ESET home subscription, i have never created an account for it the whole time ive had it.
I only just had to renew it about a month ago, will be interesting to see if anything changes.