Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seymour digging his own grave?
According to this, he may well be. With any sort of luck...

His divisive ideas seem not to be going down at all well, despite having been welcomed with open arms by racist plonkers. I think this govt has had quite a shock, that so many - including a large-ish number of pakeha - have turned out to be strongly opposed to their appeal to the racist element.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/atea/12-09-2024...eBv6Aug0cA
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I would quite like a referendum. I suspect ACT wouldn't like the results.
Let's hope so, he's an idiot just look at his face, dumb and detached from reality, with a hint of befuddlement.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
A referendum might just hit the spot; or it might instead just make them more determined to impose their dire ideas.

(13-09-2024, 12:50 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Let's hope so, he's an idiot just look at his face, dumb and detached from reality, with a hint of befuddlement.

Yes,sort of Rimmer with a dash of Mr Bean & Kermit the frog...(sorry Kermit.) Rolleyes Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Very much like Rimmer - power hungry with delusions of grandeur.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(13-09-2024, 05:21 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Very much like Rimmer - power hungry with delusions of grandeur.

I'm almost hoping he manages to pith Winnie off fairlly quickly.... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
How a bill that gives everybody equal rights regardless of race could be so controversial baffles me.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(15-09-2024, 12:39 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: How a bill that gives everybody equal rights regardless of race could be so controversial baffles me.

I'm not surprised...you must find living in the 2020s quite confusing.
I do have other cameras!
This simplified form of Right Wing Thinking (DUH) (by C_T_Russell) must show something besides just sheer bloody-mindedness.

Indeed, a sign of intelligence is the ability to fully understand what is being contemplated.

This inability to fully comprehend a given circumstance, I think, shows exactly the opposite is at play.

Or perhaps it is life-long damage caused by involuntary early childhood cult participation.

Or maybe some people are just not up to fully understanding subtleties, period, or are focused on lesser endeavours.

This would explain Seymour and Luxon at least, C_T_Russell is just exhibiting reactionary stabbing in the dark in unfortunate, perhaps well-meaning attempts to attain some form of post traumatic "enlightenment".

Seymour is chasing dogma, Luxon is after money and power. Neither is thinking deeply about the people of the country as a whole they are supposed to be benefiting.

They probably aren't capable of such thinking so why are such incompetents in charge of running the country?

Poor shouldering of voting responsibility by the voting public perhaps plus manipulation of the system by the aforesaid "leaders".
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(15-09-2024, 09:06 AM)zqwerty Wrote: This simplified form of Right Wing Thinking (DUH) (by C_T_Russell) must show something besides just sheer bloody-mindedness.

Indeed, a sign of intelligence is the ability to fully understand what is being contemplated.

This inability to fully comprehend a given circumstance, I think, shows exactly the opposite is at play.

Or perhaps it is life-long damage caused by involuntary early childhood cult participation.

Or maybe some people are just not up to fully understanding subtleties, period, or are focused on lesser endeavours.

This would explain Seymour and Luxon at least, C_T_Russell is just exhibiting reactionary stabbing in the dark in unfortunate, perhaps well-meaning attempts to attain some form of post traumatic "enlightenment".

Seymour is chasing dogma, Luxon is after money and power.  Neither is thinking deeply about the people of the country as a whole they are supposed to be benefiting.

They probably aren't capable of such thinking so why are such incompetents in charge of running the country?

Poor shouldering of voting responsibility by the voting public perhaps plus manipulation of the system by the aforesaid "leaders".

Very well summed up.  
Or - to take a far more uncharitable view - perhaps they actually do comprehend. They just don't care about the effects on their fellow humans.

Sometimes, I tend to think its one & other times I think its the other...
(15-09-2024, 12:39 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: How a bill that gives everybody equal rights regardless of race could be so controversial baffles me.

Because it doesn't do that. It removes Treaty obligations put in place in this nations founding document. And it is intended to remove protections from a group of people already suffering the generational consequences of culture loss and ongoing domination by a colonising force.

It's a bit like the way certain groups are trying to rewrite America's constitution.

And like them, it pays to look a little closer at their motivations and agendas.
It would seem from this article that Janet Wilson has her head around the Treaty Bill situation better than most, including both Seymour and Luxon.
(15-09-2024, 07:07 PM)harm_less Wrote:
It would seem from this article that Janet Wilson has her head around the Treaty Bill situation better than most, including both Seymour and Luxon.

Yes..its hard to believe that even Seymour would have done as he did, had he fully understood all the possible implications.