Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Hitler’s Failed Beer Hall Putsch Helped Fuel His Rise
How Hitler’s Failed Beer Hall Putsch Helped Fuel His Rise

https://www.history.com/news/hitler-fail...all-putsch
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
That look of certainty, as if they know something that the rest of us don't.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Hitler's 1934 propaganda move Triumph of the Will is an interesting but long (2 hours) watch. The scenes showing the Nazi rallies are disturbingly similar to Trump's ones. The power of harnessing the 'hive mind' is demonstrated in both cases.
That's why I posted the picture because I wanted to see if anyone was noticing things which I thought I saw.
They don't half look silly in those jodpurs, with not a horse in sight...

It does rather spoil the intended effect of 'We know what's wrong with the world, & we're going to fix it',while looking very stern & determined.
Evil bastards, the lot of them.

And our species in large numbers tends to be scarily easy to manipulate, even after all the lessons we've had throughout history of what can happen..
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(21-07-2024, 11:03 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: They don't half look silly in those jodpurs, with not a horse in sight...
This silly?
[Image: tag%3Areuters.com%2C2024%3Anewsml_LYNXMP...ponsive970] Rolleyes
So stupid and pathetic isn't it?
(21-07-2024, 01:21 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(21-07-2024, 11:03 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: They don't half look silly in those jodpurs, with not a horse in sight...
This silly?
[Image: tag%3Areuters.com%2C2024%3Anewsml_LYNXMP...ponsive970] Rolleyes

Yes indeed! They've no idea how very daft they look... Rolleyes Big Grin

Those photos will either be eventually cherished family treasures, or swiftly destroyed.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
They look as if they each have an adhesive period pad on their ears.
(21-07-2024, 03:51 PM)zqwerty Wrote: They look as if they each have an adhesive period pad on their ears.

Probably we shouldn't laugh; that could just be possibly in order to prevent more brain matter escaping through their eardrums & they don't appear to have much to spare... Rolleyes Big Grin