Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rightwing fascism in America
Its looking more & more bizarre & terrifying for all women over there.

Clarence Thomas, a judge on their supreme court has some extreme views on abortion & contraception, & the right to free speech.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/arti...reme-court
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
You think abortion AKA murder is OK?
Do you know that the democrats now permit late term abortion? Some babies are born premature at that stage and can survive.
Even here in NZ such similar legislation was passed.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(25-07-2024, 12:37 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: You think abortion AKA murder is OK?
Do you know that the democrats now permit late term abortion? Some babies are born premature at that stage and can survive.

The idiocy of the anti abortionists swiftly becomes tedious. Rolleyes Dodgy

Abortion does not involve 'murdering a child' which is what they want us all to believe, but instead is the removal of tissue which has the capacity to eventually develop into a baby.

And what they like to refer to as 'late term abortion' is almost invariably a tragic event, carried out in the most dire circumstances, i.e. if left to develop, the foetus will cause the death of the mother or is already dead. It is relatively rare.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Caring excessively about undeveloped "children" still in the womb, not caring about unwanted children being born and living their formative years in poverty, the familiar story of Republicans guiding the citizens futures who they purportedly care so much about.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(25-07-2024, 02:49 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Caring excessively about undeveloped "children" still in the womb, not caring about unwanted children being born and living their formative years in poverty, the familiar story of Republicans guiding the citizens futures who they purportedly care so much about.

That seems a fairly common attitude among those opposed to abortion. They love to claim that its all about 'the sanctity of life' while steadfastly ignoring the consequences of too many people, such as homelessmess, lack of access to medical care, education etc. etc.
Yes, that's what I see as well.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche

That is a grossly misinformed comment on the position. Which is womens reproductive matters are a matter for the woman and her doctor, not the state.

Late term abortions as you call it are actually premature births, and only managed medically when it is a choice between the mothers life or the life of the child she carries. Categorically no woman volunteers to go through that process. The vast majority of terminations are well before twenty weeks, well before viability would be possible, and well before the fetus is much more than a potential human being. Even then it is an horrendous decision for the woman, never welcomed, together with  her family and doctors, and never made easily. And in truth, a necessity always regretted.

Ask me how I know this, if you dare.

You know, there is a way to cut back the number of terminations. A simple and easy one. And that is for men to stop inseminating women carelessly and without consideration of the really logical biological consequences. Especially, stop inseminating by force, inseminating family members who should be protected, children,  and anyone else they have not had that very real discussion with.

After all, why should just the women have to go through this? Men are the ones making terminations necessary.

Tongue
(25-07-2024, 04:34 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:

That is a grossly misinformed comment on the position. Which is womens reproductive matters are a matter for the woman and her doctor, not the state.

Late term abortions as you call it are actually premature births, and only managed medically when it is a choice between the mothers life or the life of the child she carries. Categorically no woman volunteers to go through that process. The vast majority of terminations are well before twenty weeks, well before viability would be possible, and well before the fetus is much more than a potential human being. Even then it is an horrendous decision for the woman, never welcomed, together with  her family and doctors, and never made easily. And in truth, a necessity always regretted.

You know, there is a way to cut back the number of terminations. A simple and easy one. And that is for men to stop inseminating women carelessly and without consideration of the really logical biological consequences. Especially, stop inseminating by force, inseminating family members who should be protected, children,  and anyone else they have not had that very real discussion with.

After all, why should just the women have to go through this? Men are the ones making terminations necessary.

Tongue

It may be an excellent idea to work on making the vasectomy infallibly reversible, so that young males can have the procedure if they wish, on entering puberty & then have it reversed when they're mature & ready to start a family.
That one simple thing would save an enormous amount of pain.

I wish both genders could have just one pregnancy & birth each - that alone would increase understanding immeasureably...
(25-07-2024, 07:18 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: ......

I wish both genders could have just one pregnancy & birth each - that alone would increase understanding immeasureably...
That strategy has not worked out particularly well for China (i.e. one child family). A very poorly thought through idea.
Might have if it could've applied to men, lol. Carrying a child to full term is a great learning experience.

Which is not to suggest that all men are lousy fathers. Some do it rather well, thank heavens.
(25-07-2024, 08:08 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(25-07-2024, 07:18 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: ......

That strategy has not worked out particularly well for China (i.e. one child family). A very poorly thought through idea.

Not the same thing though; one child per family is certainly not a good idea but each gender able to have one child each is rather different.
(26-07-2024, 11:15 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(25-07-2024, 08:08 PM)harm_less Wrote: That strategy has not worked out particularly well for China (i.e. one child family). A very poorly thought through idea.

Not the same thing though; one child per family is certainly not a good idea but each gender able to have one child each is rather different.
It is essentially the same thing. Once the female in a relationship has given birth to a child that takes away the option of the male becoming a father again (short of impregnating another woman but that just moves the issue sideways) so a one child family in essence. If you're implying men bearing children that's fairy at the bottom of the garden stuff so not a relevant argument.
(26-07-2024, 06:49 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(26-07-2024, 11:15 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Not the same thing though; one child per family is certainly not a good idea but each gender able to have one child each is rather different.
It is essentially the same thing. Once the female in a relationship has given birth to a child that takes away the option of the male becoming a father again (short of impregnating another woman but that just moves the issue sideways) so a one child family in essence. If you're implying men bearing children that's fairy at the bottom of the garden stuff so not a relevant argument.

Yep that is exactly what I said in my earlier post; & as I also said that's because if both genders were able to become pregnant & give birth, it would massively increase understanding between the genders. And fairly obviously it wasn't an entirely serious post. Smile
(26-07-2024, 07:06 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(26-07-2024, 06:49 PM)harm_less Wrote: It is essentially the same thing. Once the female in a relationship has given birth to a child that takes away the option of the male becoming a father again (short of impregnating another woman but that just moves the issue sideways) so a one child family in essence. If you're implying men bearing children that's fairy at the bottom of the garden stuff so not a relevant argument.

Yep that is exactly what I said in my earlier post; & as I also said that's because if both genders were able to become pregnant & give birth, it would massively increase understanding between the genders. And fairly obviously it wasn't an entirely serious post. Smile
My mistake. I misinterpretted the ambiguity of "I wish both genders could have just one pregnancy & birth each" as meaning one child attributable to each individual. I didn't realise you were suggesting a biologically illogical scenario.
Lol, no, but that idea would help with a massive problem humanity faces - that of overpopulation. If we simply reproduced ourselves and our partner once each, and drew the line at that.
(26-07-2024, 08:53 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Lol, no, but that idea would help with a massive problem humanity faces - that of overpopulation. If we simply reproduced ourselves and our partner once each, and drew the line at that.

Exactly...
(25-07-2024, 04:34 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:

Tongue
There have been a number of nurses traumatized in such situations when they have witnessed such a late term abortion.
Yes the mothers life should come first if the birth of the child will put her in danger, but at that stage the baby is almost ready to be delivered anyway but they have to watch it die on the operating table.
I've seen documentary where they have saved babies born premature that were half that size.

I agree that men should not inseminate by force, it's called rape.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(19-09-2024, 07:30 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(25-07-2024, 04:34 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: That is a grossly misinformed comment on the position. Which is womens reproductive matters are a matter for the woman and her doctor, not the state.

Tongue
There have been a number of nurses traumatized in such situations when they have witnessed such a late term abortion.
Yes the mothers life should come first if the birth of the child will put her in danger, but at that stage the baby is almost ready to be delivered anyway but they have to watch it die on the operating table.
I've seen documentary where they have saved babies born premature that were half that size.

I agree that men should not inseminate by force, it's called rape.

Right to birthers insist on referring to it as 'late term abortion' all the while knowing very well that an abortion under such circumstances is a tragic neccessity. 

That says far more about them than anything. Angry