Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reCAPTCHA and ASB
I bank with ASB. Before 8am I cannot log into my bank because of an infernal game of select the squares with bikes, buses, traffic lights etc. reCAPTCHA is tied up with Google's security system and I wonder if it can be turned off in my PC. Otherwise, is it a security program that ASB turn on when out of hours?
I loathe and detest captcha. Seems a lot of sites have adopted it as a cheap security measure and it is a pain sometimes. It was ages before I realised it wouldn't accept my google suggested form filling entries, cut'n paste is not acceptable it seems.

Irritating little add on.
Dont think it can be turned off, it's there for a purpose, security against Bots.

Most of them are a PAIN, as you have to do them several times, one of the worst is Microsoft's "Game" --- Some people simply give up, as they are next to impossible to do.

As one person Wrote: "Press the accessibility button in the bottom right of the game, then you can listen to a sequence of characters and enter them to verify your account instead. This is the only way I could get round this issue."
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
I get sick of it, at times trademe will ask me literally 10 times to go through the stupid reCAPTCHA and select all the traffic lights, fire hydrants, etc before it lets me in.
Whats worse is all our time wasted on this is literally free human labour to train AI systems!
It isn't captcha I think but AI of a different flavour that is restricting my Instagram account because of perceived 'automated activity'. I have followed all the instructions, gone private, killed off loads of followers, changed my password several times and still can't get full use, and there is absolutely no evidence I can see of bots. The worst thing is not being able to challenge the restriction, it is frustrating. But it has reduced my doom scrolling through the daily offerings, I can lose hours doing that with my addiction to glorious images...