Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sayings & Quotes
“No person who can read is ever successful at cleaning out an attic,”
Ann Landers

“The dinosaurs never saw that asteroid coming. What's our excuse?”
Neil Degrasse Tyson
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
“It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world & moral courage so rare.”
Mark Twain

“One glance at a book & you hear the voice of another person, perhaps dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time.”
Carl Sagan
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
“Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home. That’s us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every “superstar,” every “supreme leader,” every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there …

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand…. “

Carl Sagan
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny & obliterate their own understanding of their own understanding of their history.”
George Orwell

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, & all of the people some of the time, which is just long enough to be President of the United States.'
Spike Milligan
“Create what sets your heart on fire & it will illuminate the path ahead.”
Karma Voce

“Such is life & life is such & after all it isn't much.First a cradle. Then a hearse. It might have been better, but it could have been worse.”
Norman Wisdom
“When class robbery is abolished, every man will reap the fruits of his labour.”
William Morris

“That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important lesson of all the lessons of history.”
Aldous Huxley
“ LOOK NOT MOURNFULLY INTO THE PAST – IT COMES NOT BACK AGAIN; WISELY IMPROVE THE PRESENT – IT IS THINE; GO FORTH TO MEET THE SHADOWY FUTURE WITHOUT FEAR, AND WITH A MANLY HEART. ” - LONGFELLOW
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
“Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own.”
Charles Scribner Jnr.

“What is done cannot be undone, but one can prevent it from happening again.”
Anne Frank