Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tell us about your pets.
(28-10-2021, 05:09 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(28-10-2021, 04:35 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: I have a gorgeous tabby named Molly May, and she is just 10 years old. She gets a bit stroppy sometimes, but I don't care. I just think she is a sassy girl, like her mother.:-))

She is mistress of the house, and my life revolves around her. She is so precious and so loved. When she looks at me, I know she loves me too.

I only wish that I could retrain her to go to the toilet outside again. I got a toileting tray for her, when I had to go away for a couple of days, a few years back, and when I got home, and removed it, she kept on pooing inside, so I relented and brought it back into the laundry. Big mistake.
Safer for her though...
It is safer. She is an indoors kitty, and if she feels safer doing her toileting inside, then I don't mind. I just don't want to have to do the chores, that keep her space clean, but then, that is what mummies do isn't it.
We have a 10 and a half year old Jack Russell/Foxy X with canine epilepsy. He costs us a small fortune each month in medication but he was young when he was diagnosed so we couldn't bear to have him put to sleep knowing epilepsy could be managed. He's loving and devoted and our door bell. There is no way anyone can enter our property without him knowing and that includes the two possums, stoat, countless rabbits, rats and mice he has hunted and killed. Because he's a hunter we can't let him off lead when walking (he has painted on ears anyway) and can't have a cat. But that's ok, we know he was bred for hunting and accept that and work with it. He has a running track through the garden where I daren't plant anything as it will be bowled over or peed on to get rid of it. We will be devastated when it's 'his time' but are determined to love him and make the most of him being around.
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
(03-11-2021, 07:23 AM)kiwimade64 Wrote: We have a 10 and a half year old Jack Russell/Foxy X with canine epilepsy.  He costs us a small fortune each month in medication but he was young when he was diagnosed so we couldn't bear to have him put to sleep knowing epilepsy could be managed. He's loving and devoted and our door bell.  There is no way anyone can enter our property without him knowing and that includes the two possums, stoat, countless rabbits, rats and mice he has hunted and killed.  Because he's a hunter we can't let him off lead when walking (he has painted on ears anyway) and can't have a cat.  But that's ok, we know he was bred for hunting and accept that and work with it.  He has a running track through the garden where I daren't plant anything as it will be bowled over or peed on to get rid of it.  We will be devastated when it's 'his time' but are determined to love him and make the most of him being around.
Don't our furbabies give us so much love and joy. I live alone, and my girl goes wherever I go (indoors). She nicks MY chair, but really, everything in the house is hers...lol. Pet lovers know this to be true.:-))

I would do the same as you, if my girl had any health issues, that need regular visits to the vet. As their parent, you just have to.
they sure do, crafters-corner. Our boy has been with us through thick and thin over the last 10 and a half years. Life won't be the same without him that's for sure.
Life is a one time offer, use it well 
[attachment=28]
Klinsmann who will be 7 in Dec. with our grandson Oliver. Taken just over 2 years ago
Fluffy. a Tortoiseshell, is now 17 summers into life.
Very adaptable young lady as she has adjusted to 4 moves over the year plus living with our GS..

(11-11-2021, 08:20 AM)jackford Wrote: Fluffy. a Tortoiseshell, is now 17 summers into life.
Very adaptable young lady as she has adjusted to 4 moves over the year plus living with our GS..

Awwww what a pretty girl she is.  I hope she and the doggie get on. You see such cute as pictures of cats and dogs etc all snuggling up together.
Photo 
(11-11-2021, 12:50 PM)crafters_corner Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 08:20 AM)jackford Wrote: Fluffy. a Tortoiseshell, is now 17 summers into life.

Awwww what a pretty girl she is.  I hope she and the doggie get on. You see such cute as pictures of cats and dogs etc all snuggling up together.
The fairest description from Fluffies perspective is "Keep ya distance." Klinsmann is a wind-up merchant.
(11-11-2021, 09:03 PM)jackford Wrote:
(11-11-2021, 12:50 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: Awwww what a pretty girl she is.  I hope she and the doggie get on. You see such cute as pictures of cats and dogs etc all snuggling up together.
The fairest description from Fluffies perspective is "Keep ya distance." Klinsmann is a wind-up merchant.
That must make for some comedy moments.

Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
Have attempted but failed several time to post pics of our Shepherd.
Think at long last I've got it, so hopefully this is my mate Klinsmannn whelped 19/12/2014.

Have attempted but failed several time to post pics of our Shepherd.

Think at long last I've got it, so hopefully this is my mate Klinsmann whelped 19/12/2014.

Heart 
(06-01-2022, 05:44 PM)jackford Wrote: Have attempted but failed several time to post pics of our Shepherd.

Think at long last I've got it, so hopefully this is my mate Klinsmannn whelped 19/12/2014.
He is beautiful...
So that's the wind up merchant.Big Grin He is a very handsome boy.
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(06-01-2022, 07:04 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(06-01-2022, 05:44 PM)jackford Wrote: Have attempted but failed several time to post pics of our Shepherd.

He is beautiful...
Smile

(06-01-2022, 07:21 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: So that's the wind up merchant.Big Grin He is a very handsome boy.
Yep dats him crafty Blush

update, now 5 moves Big Grin

L to Right top 1/2 Bear, Bodie & Klinsmann
Taken Feb 2017, Mt Albert crater field
[Video: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d..._vxw&t=14s]
Smartarse Houdini has worked out how to open her crate...I'm doomed.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)