Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You can never have enough...
That's the most gorgeous box, so much work must have gone into that, & the little hinges & catches are so perfect for it. Its a work of art, well done Mr K. Smile

Was out earlier doing a bit of scouting for ideas since its nearly September & Xmas is then only a hop,skip & jump away & also got a few more bits & pieces for the next two granddaughter's birthdays. Was in Acquisitions buying a fancy coffee mug & saw some very nice bage with gorgeous birds & leaves & flowers on. Thought they might be nice to give gifts in, & they could keep the bags to use so checked the price.

$40! The Scots ancestry went into overdrive - they're nice bags but they're certainly not worth that.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Oh Kiwimade that Box is Beautiful. Love it all but the hinges and locks are perfect. Ive Never seen hinges like those. they are perfect.

Back to Iron Tablets ohh Joy of Joys... And could I please try and eat more meat. So I bit the budget and managed to get 3 pork loin chops for just over $6 which was an excellent buy, some sausage meat I can split up and some bacon bits, which has been my meat for several weeks.

But he was happy with my weight, thoroughly checks if I have any reasons other than the budget for the iron loss. And we changed some meds around since one is being discontinued and playing with pain meds. Thank goodness I also have the best chemist out , they all explain things well.

Found out that using the nasal sprays could be what is causing my bleeding nose.. never thought it could be that.

Now time to do my games.

Have a fab day
Big Grin They told me I couldn't, so I did.!! Big Grin
I think you should swap pork chops for a nice bit of scotch fillet our popeye. Preferably done rare! With a spinach salad perhaps? And a nice glass of pinot noir...
(24-08-2023, 02:43 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think you should swap pork chops for a nice bit of scotch fillet our popeye. Preferably done rare! With a spinach salad perhaps? And a nice glass of pinot noir...

It would be rump steak if I could afford it Hunni. But the pork was on special.. No spinach or silver-beet for This Popeye lol. And no wine either. lol.

The hard part is Im simply not hungry, so I think Ill finish the bacon and mashed tatty I have and start better tomorrow. 

Tomorrow will be pork chop, a potato and some coleslaw. Im not a fan of cooked cabbage, and since I dont like onion or carrot I just have fine cut cabbage with some grated cheese. No dressing either, so mashed tatty to hold it together on the fork lol
I am going to recycle some bread rolls into french toast with bacon, mushrooms and - wait for it - fried bananas.

Mixing the sweet with the savoury reminds me of a Pittsburgh diner and the very weird brunch I had there. Would you believe strawberries and whipped cream on the same plate as bacon and eggs? They weren't wrong either, lol...
Quote: ". . . with some grated cheese. No dressing either, so mashed tatty to hold it together on the fork lol . . ."

It's a good idea to always dress for dinner, especially hot food. If the smashed spud doesn't appeal, try honey. It really sticks foodstuffs to cutlery. Smile
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(24-08-2023, 05:21 PM)R2x1 Wrote:
Quote: ". . . with some grated cheese. No dressing either, so mashed tatty to hold it together on the fork lol . . ."

It's a good idea to always dress for dinner, especially hot food.  If the smashed spud doesn't appeal, try honey.    It really sticks foodstuffs to cutlery. Smile

Great for picking up peas init'
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Oh, and on carrots! Match made in heaven!
(24-08-2023, 05:44 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh, and on carrots! Match made in heaven!

Oh no, carrots should have butter and black pepper
Hunni my Dad apparently loved fried bananas and bacon. He died in 74 so could have been a rare thing then.

I normally dont mix fruit and meat but a club sandwich with chicken, bacon pieces and mashed banana with a drizzle of lemon is Yummy. It was a Tupperware recipe lol

Peas have only been in my freezers for Compression. I Hate them cooked. Will eat them raw out of the pod. But they give MrP asthma so we just didnt grow them.
(24-08-2023, 05:57 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(24-08-2023, 05:44 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Oh, and on carrots! Match made in heaven!

Oh no, carrots should have butter and black pepper

And honey...

(24-08-2023, 05:57 PM)popeye333 Wrote: Hunni my Dad apparently loved fried bananas and bacon. He died in 74 so could have been a rare thing then.

I normally dont mix fruit and meat but a club sandwich with chicken, bacon pieces and mashed banana with a drizzle of lemon is Yummy. It was a Tupperware recipe lol

Peas have only been in my freezers for Compression. I Hate them cooked. Will eat them raw out of the pod. But they give MrP asthma so we just didnt grow them.

Yup, it is a good combination. And was too on my plate this evening!
(24-08-2023, 06:54 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(24-08-2023, 05:57 PM)Kenj Wrote: Oh no, carrots should have butter and black pepper

And honey...

(24-08-2023, 05:57 PM)popeye333 Wrote: Hunni my Dad apparently loved fried bananas and bacon. He died in 74 so could have been a rare thing then.

.....stop calling me Honey.  Big Grin Big Grin

"I eat my peas with honey. I've done it all my life. It makes the peas taste funny, but it keeps them on the knife."
Rolleyes Big Grin

Can't really remember but possilby A A Milne in one of the Christopher Robin books.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(24-08-2023, 06:56 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(24-08-2023, 06:54 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: And honey...

.....stop calling me Honey.  Big Grin Big Grin

Won't neither honey. You isn't the boss of me... Tongue
(24-08-2023, 07:18 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(24-08-2023, 06:56 PM)Kenj Wrote: .....stop calling me Honey.  Big Grin Big Grin

Won't neither honey. You isn't the boss of me... Tongue

OK Hunni....  Tongue
Honey fuels the fastest mobility scooters in the west!
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
It's all downhill from here on in...
Yeah, but those of us at the bottom of the cliff haven't got a lot of falling left. We may even level off a little . . . . . . . . .

. . . after the bump.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Morning everyone

Very clear and cold this morning.

Thought Id try and cut back on the sleeping pill. Nah its a no go. Awake far too many times through the night and I feel like chit lol Have a new one to try too since they are discontinuing the older one. Pills... sick of them all lol

Off to see MrP this morning. He's either getting an infection, or is trying mind games with me again. tried telling me someone peed on him on Wednesday night. I said tell them not me. I cant do anything about it.

Rest home David is meeting me there. Meeting my David (MrP), and having a wee look around for the future care of his Partner. I hope MrP behaves.

Has anyone used the Wet and Forget Shower witch spray? I wonder if it will get years of water stains off or if its just for newer showers.

Have a fab day everyone
morning ladies Smile No frost but it is overcast this morning.

I haven't tried wet and forget, popeye, so can't help there. They have Tiger's Paw, which is used to get old scum off showers. That might be worth looking at.

The Fluffy One stayed an extra night. My sister was too tired after her flight to come and get her. We'll try again today.

Thank you for the kind comments about the jewelry box. My friend picked it up last evening and loves it. The little catches have a wee latch to 'lock' the box, which can be a handy thing to have. MrK found the latches and hinges on Amazon. The timber used is recycled rimu.

Today I'll finish fertilising the roses I meant to do yesterday afternoon. If it rains, I will be saved watering it all in. As I don't spray, I need to keep the roses strong and healthy to fight off the bugs.

Time to get cracking Smile

happy crafting Smile
Life is a one time offer, use it well