Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christmas Trees
Are you a 'real' Christmas tree person, or does a fake one do the trick just as well??

I only have a little fake one, that's quite nice to look at. I don't have Christmas here, so not worth the bother of doing much.
We're a "no Christmas tree" household and always have been.
No indoor tree, but we have been known to decorate trees in the garden.
(07-12-2021, 03:16 PM)SueDonim Wrote: No indoor tree, but we have been known to decorate trees in the garden.
I love that idea.
I always used a fake one, but haven't had to put one up since the grandkids grew up (almost, anyway) & so far the great grandkids haven't noticed a tree absence, so that's all good. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
There is only myself, have kids in Auckland that go to their spouses parents every other year so every other year I dont bother, this is the every other year, next year will be different so nope no Xmas tree for me.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
(07-12-2021, 03:16 PM)SueDonim Wrote: No indoor tree, but we have been known to decorate trees in the garden.
Makes a lot more sense than killing a tree to celebrate Xmas, or a plastic replica of same.

And in the same vein: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16918430/t...half-dead/
We have this:

It usually sits here, but the place is occupied...

I do have other cameras!
I don't do Christmas in any shape or form, but about trees?

They deserve better.
Over the years we have had both real and fake trees. Now we have a fake one which is still waiting for me to erect and decorate it.
I am not really fussy as long as there are plenty of presents beneath it. Smile
Yes Same here too.
Christmas day is just another day to me.
My Wife & Myself normally are apart on Christmas day as she goes home to her family as her sister hasyoung ones & shes very close to her family. But I cant go away this time of year as Im incharge of 2 complexes & Its The Busiet time for emptying Rubbish Bins & Generally keeping eye on them too.
I take Holidays later in January once the Big Rush is over.
I have a very Good Releaver who will step in & hold fought for me.
Good effort here, especially if it's got pine fragrance.
[Image: FF_CS0OVQAATb1A?format=png&name=small]
(09-12-2021, 11:19 AM)harm_less Wrote: Good effort here, especially if it's got pine fragrance.
[Image: FF_CS0OVQAATb1A?format=png&name=small]

Ill give that a 10/10 for innovation
No Tree or Decorations here, family are way down South and won't be visiting this year so probably won't other and if I do put anything out it will be after the 17th due to the date of my son's death and just don't feel like celebrating anymore
Crab2
(12-12-2021, 02:45 PM)crab2 Wrote: No Tree or Decorations here, family are way down South and won't be visiting this year so probably won't other and if I do put anything out it will be after the 17th due to the date of my son's death and just don't feel like celebrating anymore

Sorry to hear that, I can understand that, that would make it a miserable time of year, condolences
That's got to be a bit tough crab2, not fun for you.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
thanks Lilith and Oldfellah, it is a hard week and then you see all these soapy scenes on TV which doesn't help either, 17 years and still can remember it like it happened yesterday, not something any parent should have to bear but hey I have my wedding anniversary on the 24th to look forward to after it Smile
Crab2
For crabby...(((HUGZ)))
Group hug.xx
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".
(15-12-2021, 12:44 PM)crafters_corner Wrote: For crabby...(((HUGZ)))
Group hug.xx

Thanks Crafty 

((((Hugs))))
Crab2
This was on FB...hilarious

Te Awamutu, you look amazing ?❤️
If you’re going to display Christmas lights, make sure you close your curtains or blinds before it gets to the point where people will be driving past to see your display.
Either you had some skin coloured or super light grey underpants on, or you were commando… but we definitely weren’t expecting to see those type of Jingle Bells. thank you for the giggle though
Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil goes "oh crap, she's up".