Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Labour internal polling must be shockingly bad
(14-03-2022, 10:37 AM)king1 Wrote:
(14-03-2022, 10:25 AM)Magoo Wrote: from what ive seen recently they seem out of touch
there are people hurting out there, gas is eating them alive
$6 for a lettuce in the middle of the season.

seems the government doesnt even want to acknowledge it let alone deal with it.
i dont think they even know where to start. perhaps a couple of nats could help out with it?
too hard basket?
to play the devil's advocate here, is it really the government's fault ? is it really practical to demand that they 'fix' it? 

If their take on a litre of gas is 77 cents, what meaningful amount can they actually reduce it by to make the price 'acceptable'.  I'm pretty sure the price increases from the oil companies alone have exceeded this amount in the last year.  

Even if they remove the entire 77 cents it's still going to be ridiculously expensive - and then we will have no roading maintenance or expenditure.  Even if it is just temporary it will have a significant impact down the track for roading and maintenance

In my mind it's better to let supply and demand sort this, those that can't justify the cost will use less and travel less, those that can and will pay the price, will still be contributing to the roading fund...
im talking cost of living, not just gas
whos talking about blame? thats not how i roll
i cant fix it, im flat out at the minute
but there are fiscal tools for when inflation occurs.
the government must have access to someone who knows surely?
one of their mates down at the reserve bank could catch them up
previous governments have done it.
So if you disappear out of view You know I will never say goodbye

Messages In This Thread
RE: Labour internal polling must be shockingly bad - by Magoo - 14-03-2022, 11:14 AM