Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Arise" pastors resign, with over $6m of real estate
If this isn't a blatant case of greed, masquerading as Christianity, then it's an excellent imitation. I think the time has come to de register 'religions' like this which are really a business in all but name.
I wonder if this is making the McBishop nervous.... Rolleyes

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/1288288...heir-names

• "Megachurch Arise has been accused of abuse and harassment within the organisation.

• Leaders Brent, John and Gillian Cameron resigned last Friday, apologising “to all those who have been hurt”.

• Two reviews have been launched into allegations interns were “overworked, overwhelmed, and taken advantage of”.
A closer walk with God has also meant a hike up the property ladder for two pastors of the controversial Arise Church.
Brothers John and Brent Cameron stepped down from their positions in the church on May 27 over allegations of abuse and harassment in the organisation. The church, which has 12 branches around New Zealand, has launched two reviews – one into allegations interns at the Arise Church Ministry School were overworked and exploited."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
"Arise" pastors resign, with over $6m of real estate - by Lilith7 - 03-06-2022, 03:16 PM