Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National wants to 'get tough on crime.' Again.
(12-06-2022, 07:19 PM)Olive Wrote: I think Harry Tam has accomplished more to damp down gang warfare than any political party, but the S.  501 gang member deportees are driving it beyond his reach in many ways because they are importing vicious Australian gangs like Comancheros and Banditios.
That's a good point - I'd forgotten about him. And others as well. This woman was on the 3 news tonight.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala...ilies.html

"Hawke's Bay woman Cherie Kurarangi says she was born into gang life. Her family were in the Mongrel Mob and she grew up in it.
It wasn't easy, in fact, she said she has both witnessed and experienced intergenerational trauma.
But she's dedicating her life to breaking that cycle for her whanau and to making Aotearoa a better place.

Kurarangi knows that life in the Mongrel Mob can be tough and sometimes brutal, so she's turned her home into a place of refuge.
"We're not emergency housing. We're crisis accommodation. We come for you when there's a massive crisis coming on. We're crisis accommodation."
Kurarangi helps Mongrel Mob gang members and their whānau, but she maintains she's actually doing all of us in society a favour.
"Let me tell you something right now. Every single person in New Zealand knows somebody who knows somebody who's a gang member. So guess what - you're all affiliated."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: National wants to 'get tough on crime.' Again. - by Lilith7 - 12-06-2022, 07:27 PM