Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's a documentary linked in this article in Stuff
(17-08-2022, 10:23 AM)king1 Wrote:
(17-08-2022, 10:11 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: However ask this question - had the protest and occupation been about Climate Crisis would they have been treated the same?
I don't believe we have seen a climate crisis protest where they were setting fire to playgrounds... When the climate crisis protests get to that level of stupidity (and they might eventually) then yes I expect they will be treated the same... Although by then it might be too late for everyone anyway...
That occured the day the police forcefully removed the protest.  Once that happened then of course there was going to be violence - violence begets violence.  For the most part up to then there was no violence, some agro towards media but then media was not being very balanced.  

Don't forget the almost 50% of those at this protest in a poll taken on the grounds said they voted Labour Green.  Not exactly a far right gathering as some would have you suggest

(17-08-2022, 10:22 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(17-08-2022, 10:11 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Not exactly a balanced peice of journalism is it.  No interviews with those on the other side just some dramatic music.   And no I don't support those people they are talking about - they are idiots.

However ask this question - had the protest and occupation been about Climate Crisis would they have been treated the same?

I didn't agree with what they were protesting about but defend their right to peacefully do so including taking over Parliament grounds.
So you see the circus that occupied parliamentary grounds as peaceful. Guess your definition of peace differs from what of most NZers.

The point of that doco is in opening the public's eyes to a concerted campaign of social disruption that these organisations are engaged in. Forewarned is forearmed and the actions now being taken to filter out the VFF, FARC, etc. affiliates from local body election candidates is serving that purpose.
Agree that at the point it turned violent then their rights to protest went out the window.  However that violence occured because of Police - that was the spark.

Messages In This Thread
RE: There's a documentary linked in this article in Stuff - by Wainuiguy - 17-08-2022, 10:44 AM