Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fonterra investing in Synthetic milk
(05-09-2022, 04:57 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 11:47 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Oh...dear! Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
You did note the C T in their username? Rolleyes Dodgy Confused

(05-09-2022, 10:27 AM)SueDonim Wrote: The key point about Fonterra is that it is a co-operative of the farmers that was set up to manage the milk products they produce. While looking into the feasibility of non-dairy products is a good thing, I would not expect the farmers that own Fonterra to be too happy about them being part of it. There was one quoted in the article, but I suspect he might be an outlier who hasn't thought it through. The core business is dealing with milk and milk powder and it's not that long ago that some of the companies producing value-added products were sold off.
Have a read through the comments following that Stuff piece to see what farmers' views are on this situation.
I'd missed those...had a look & found this gem:

"100%. if only people really knew the true horror of where their diary comes from."

Why yes, all those baby trees cruelly murdered, massacred in the name of the daily diary. I blame Samuel Pepys... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fonterra investing in Synthetic milk - by Lilith7 - 05-09-2022, 07:13 PM