Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police to drill 10 new boreholes at pike river
(05-10-2022, 11:31 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 05:27 PM)king1 Wrote: yeah not the only party that promises more than they deliver...  At least this labour government has put in a lot more money to continue the investigation...

I believe it was en election promise by labour (and NZF) iirc.
Anywway, I think it was good that they at least made an effort, but at the same time, much money was spent with little success into finding any cause of the explosion.
Other experts believe that access deeper into the mine was possible, but the biggest cost was H&S it appears.
Would be good if they could have gone further into the mine, not only to recover bodies, but also discover any evidence.

This whole mine disaster appears to be a coverup, and the govt was at least partly responsible at the time to have allowed this mine to operate in an unsafe manner.

I hope the boreholes discover more.
What really upsets me the most is how the rescue crews were prevented from entering the mine to start a rescue operation, its still possible that some survivors were inside waiting for a rescue.
I really feel for the families who still dont have any closure, it must be distressing.
you're not wrong on any of that, it was a bit of a disaster from any angle you look at it...  Ultimately though if someone died during a rescue attempt then the government would get the blame for that too, I guess they have to weigh up the (political) risk as well...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup

Messages In This Thread
RE: Police to drill 10 new boreholes at pike river - by king1 - 05-10-2022, 11:37 AM