Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police to drill 10 new boreholes at pike river
(04-10-2022, 04:58 PM)Praktica Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 03:38 PM)jim157 Wrote: hopefully we get rid of the government that wasted millions of taxpayers dollars on false promises..............we will get the boys out
Or avoid voting for the party who allowed a dangerous mine to be opened...who cares about workers?

Pike was supposed to be opencast but the green wankers wouldnt allow it.....who cares about workers?

So, why was Pike River not an open cast mine? Answer: the bureaucrats in DOC who place a higher value on a tree, than on humanity, and certainly an individual human being.
It is significant that DOC have felt they needed to put out a press release disclaiming any responsibility:
But their very own press release damns all the bureaucrats involved. Quoting:
Environmental concerns did not compromise safety at the Pike River mine, Conservation Department director-general Al Morrison says. "We set stringent conditions and they met them to the extent that we gave them a conservation award."
And:
"The Pike River mine had to navigate sensitive environmental challenges above the ground, as well as difficult geology below The company has an access agreement with DOC. Once mining has finished, all evidence of the project has to be removed, such as buildings, bridges and powerlines. Pike River Coal has spent millions of dollars to meet environmental guidelines. It recycles water, has kept its surface features to a minimum and has zig-zagged powerlines and roads around ancient rimu trees."
And, the truly damning part:
"New Zealand has an opportunity to be a world leader in developing `green mines'. Our mine at Pike River proves that it can be done. It was likely any new mines would be underground. In such cases the surface impact is small, the infrastructure is removed at the end of mining and the small areas affected are restored. On the small areas affected, trees grow back."
Well now we know what a green mine does: it kills humans.
So, under DOC's watch, under the Gaia-worshipping eyes of the bureaucrats, open cast mines will never occur in NZ, and the same wasn't an option for Pike River. Yet if Pike River had been an open cast mine, all 29 of these miners would still be alive.
Anger should be directed at that fact, which is also the reason why individual liberty is being destroyed, as New Zealand lurches further and further toward Nanny State tyranny: a planned economy built necessarily on the backs of our planned lives, of which this disaster becomes part. And remember the bright side: the trees and snails were all saved.
yes i know

Messages In This Thread
RE: Police to drill 10 new boreholes at pike river - by jim157 - 11-10-2022, 04:06 PM